This chipotle maple salad dressing recipe is the vegan recipe for the famous honey chipotle dressing from chipotles Mexican grill.
This Brussels sprouts salad is total perfection, the combination of the maple chipotle salad dressing in the shaved brussels sprouts, citrus wedges, pepitas, and chopped fresh cilantro. You have to try it.
About the Maple chipotle salad dressing
I’ve always loved a sweet and spicy sauce, dressing vinaigrette; you name it. So every time I see on a menu a sweet and spicy dish, I go for it. But I am not always fortunate because a lot of dressings have honey.
I developed this vegan chipotle dressing to be 100 % plant-based and have it on hand every time I crave salad from a restaurant, especially from Chipotle Mexican grill.
A winter salad?
Even during cold weather, I always crave salads. I like them a lot. Any salad, with fresh and crispy greens, warm salads mixed with roasted vegetables and grains, or just any kind of salad, I love all, for real.
But I think my all-time favorites are always seasonal salads—those that have fresh, local ingredients and, of course, seasonal produce.
✎ We eat a lot of cruciferous vegetables! Brussels sprouts are at their best from September to March; they thrive in cold weather. They are one of my favorite vegetables ever.
Ingredients for the Brussel sprouts winter salad
- Brussels sprouts, but this chipotle dressing is amaizing wth any other green or romaine lettuce.
- Orange or another citrus.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Maple chipotle dressing
👉NOTE This dressing is perfect with any green salad, with rice, with spinach or any other grain salad. With this brussels sprouts salad, the chipotle and maple dressing tastes delicious because it complements perfectly with the slightly bitter flavor of the sprouts. It keeps in the fridge for upto four weeks and it taste better each day it goes by.
HOW TO shave brussel sprouts?
How to make the chipotle salad dressing?
The dressing can be made in the blender, in a jar, the food processor , or with an immersion blender . I prefer to use a blender or an immersion blender because I use whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and I like them to be integrated with the rest of the ingredients.
Adjust the recipe as you like; add some lime or lemon juice if you want it to be a bit tangier. You could also swap the white vinegar with red wine vinegar.
how to use the dressing
Drizzle it over a bowl, a burrito, or over roasted vegetables. It would also be fantastic over any fresh vegetable or as a dip for jícama, cucumber or carrots
TAsty Ideas to finish the salad
- Seeds or nuts, sesame seeds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, or hemp seeds
- Orange, grapefruit, or tangerine slices
- Roasted chickpeas
- Tortilla chips
- Homemade crackers or chia seed crackers, cut into pieces like croutons.
- Black beans
- Pico de gallo, avocado, corn
Other ideas you may like.
Here is the recipe for this winter salad with brussels sprouts with chipotle and maple dressing, it is super delicious. If you like it please share a picture of your dish on social media and please tell me how it went on Instagram or FB.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you left a comment and rated this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
WINTER SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE-MAPLE DRESSING
- Food processor
- 1 lb of shaved Brussels sprouts 450 grs.
- 1 orange peeled seeded and diced
- 1/4 of cup of cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 of cup of pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Shave the brussel sprouts in a food processor or slice them as thin as you can and put them in a salad bowl.
- Top with the orange dlices, the chopped cilantro and the pepitas.
- In the blender put all the ingredients of the dressing. Adjust the seasoning if necessary, test for salt, chili, etc.
- If you can, let it rest for a few hours in the fridge, this is not necessary but it helps the falvors to integrate. Dress the salad as you like.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.