This recipe for zucchini noodles with roasted cherry tomatoes and homemade vegan parmesan cheese is one of my favorite recipes of the blog.
About this recipe
Making zucchini pasta is one of my favorite “under thirty minutes recipes” from the blog.
These vegetable noodles are so easy to prepare and the flavor and texture of them go fantastic with the flavor of the roasted cherry tomatoes and vegan parm. Best of all is that you have dinner on the table in no time at all.
How to make the sauce
The super flavorful cherry tomato sauce comes togetherreally fast. It is as easy as adding the cherry tomatoes to a skillet or cast iron pan, turning the heat to medium-high, and letting them sit there until they start to burst. You add sliced garlic, salt, and pepper, and you are done.
Meanwhile, the sauce is done, you just have to make the zucchini noodles which is so fun and easy. I use my Spiralizer, but if you don’t have one, don’t worry. Here are three different ways of making noodles.
three different ways to make zucchini noodles
- The first picture is with the spiralizer; I have heard great things about this spiralizer from the brand Paderno (affiliate link). I have this spiralizer from the brand Brieftons and works very well (affiliate link).
- The second way is to use a regular vegetable peeler, stack the pieces, and then cut them into ribbons.
- The third way to do them is with a vegetable julienne peeler. I have this julienne peeler from OXXO and love it.
Any way you prepare it you’ll do a good job, I’m sure.
Other noodle recipes
Really, there is no bad way of making veggie noodles. It is so easy that even my kids love preparing them. If you do buy the spiralizer make sure to check some of my other recipes where you can use it:
- Rainbow salad with tahini dressing
- Avocado and zucchini salad
- Apple salad with Brussel sprouts
- Chickpea and farro salad with curry dressing
So here is the recipe for these fantastic and delicious zucchini noodles with roasted cherry tomatoes and I hope you like them.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
- 4 medium / large zucchinis
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For “Parmesan cheese.”
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 lemon, the zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
To finish the dish
- fresh basil
- In a large skillet put the olive oil and the cherry tomatoes on low/medium heat to roast.
- Meanwhile, start making the zucchini noodles.
- When the tomatoes start to brown, add the salt. When they begin to release juices, add the garlic and stir carefully.
- Leave until the garlic is soft, taste for seasoning and finish with freshly ground black pepper. Add the zucchini noodles to the pan with the tomatoes. Leave in the pan for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Toast the walnuts for two to three minutes, be careful not to burn them. Remove them from the pan and let them cool. Transfer to a bowl of a food processor with the salt, the brewer’s yeast, and the lemon zest. Pulse several times until the nuts are thoroughly grounded, and everything is well integrated.
- Sprinkle on top of the pasta and finish with torn fresh basil leaves.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Buy the spiralizer here.