These vegan banana donuts are the perfect baked good that you can’t stop eating. They are delicious, light, and full of flavors; they are quite different from classic banana bread because of the maple glaze and crunch nuts on top. My kids ask for them all the time.
About these banana donuts
These baked banana donuts are definitely not your Dunkin donuts donuts; they are way healthier and more flavorful. For starters, they are not fired; these are baked donuts, these are 100% vegan (no egg, no butter, or any other dairy), and are perfect for all the family.
If you decide to make some doughnuts for the kids to take to school, I would recommend leaving some without nuts since there are a lot of kids with allergies these days. Having healthy treats like these donuts ready at home is so good.
Adults will love these delicious baked goods too. The maple glaze is sweet but not too sweet, and paired with the banana flavor is so delicious.
notes on the ingredients
- Flour. I use all-purpose flour (affiliate link), but you can use whole wheat flour or even gluten-free if it is 1:1
- Sugar. Regular sugar or light brown sugar works well here. Check your labels to see if it is vegan.
- Milk. Any vegetable milk will work here; my favorite is homemade almond milk or oat milk.
- Bananas. Make sure you use ripe, medium-small size bananas
- Wet ingredients. Vegetable oil (avocado oil, safflower, or olive oil), vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar (affiliate link).
- Powdered sugar (affiliate link)
- Milk, almond milk, or oat milk
- Maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
How to make banana baked donuts
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt in another bowl; mix the milk, banana, oil, apple cider vinegar (affiliate link), and vanilla.
- Make the batter by mixing the dry ingredients with the wet ones, be careful not to over mix. Spoon the batter into the doughnut mold and put it in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool before removing them from the mold and glazing them.
- In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar (affiliate link) with milk and maple syrup. Glace the top of each donut and finish with chopped walnuts on top. Let them dry on a wire rack.
Tips, tricks &
- I thought a lot about buying a donut-baking pan; It is y worth it.
- These vegan donuts will taste better if you make them with ripe bananas; it’s like the vegan banana bread; the riper the bananas, the better, right?
- Let them cool before icing them.
- If you don’t like the idea of banana donuts so much, these apple donuts are amazing.
- Or, if you feel like having something healthier, try this carrot juice.
How to store
These banana donuts freeze very well and they taste amazing if you warm them up for 5 seconds in the microwave. Store them in a tightly closed container in the pantry. It is best if you eat them the day you make them.
Other recipes that you may like
- Banana nut french toast
- Oats with caramelized bananas
- Strawberry and banana nice-cream
- Acai and banana ice cream
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Vegan Banana Donuts
- donut baking pan
- 1 ⅓ cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar I use brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas medium-small size mashed
- ½ cup vegetable milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable milk if you need more add ¼ teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- ⅓ cup of roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
- Turn the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. In another bowl mix the milk, banana, oil, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ones, be careful not to mix. Put the mixture in the mold and put in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the stick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool before removing from the mold and putting the glaze on.
- In a separate bowl mix the glass sugar with milk and maple honey. Put only the top of each donut in the icing. Put the chopped walnuts on top then then and let them dry in a rack.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023
Im baking banana bread and you surprised me with this! Bucket list!
Se ven ricas y fáciles. Y desde cuando quiero comprarme un molde para donas.
Oh my god this is amazing. Now my wife can’t say nothing when I’m make this in home.
Que delicia! Perfectas para la merienda con un cafecito.
Ale, they look yummy! I love the idea of not adding the pecans so we can use them for the lunchbox.
So easy and delicious, and I love my donut baking pan!
Hi, how much baking soda is needed? I ballparked and added 1 tsp and doughnuts came out awesome. But, I’d rather hear from the chef
Hi there!!! You nailed it! Thank you so much for noticing and being so nice about it.