Did you think you would have to stop eating donuts (doughnuts) while living a vegan lifestyle? These baked vegan chocolate donuts are generously glazed with a rich chocolate glaze. These are perfect for any chocolate lover.
Why Make Vegan Chocolate Donuts?
There are so many reasons someone might choose to make this baked vegan chocolate donuts recipe; most of all, you should make them because they are extremely delicious. Some other reasons:
- They’re vegan, and you are looking for a delicious plant-based dessert option.
- Baking donuts is healthier than frying them, so you can enjoy a sweet treat without all the extra fat and calories.
- Baking donuts can be a fun and creative activity to do in the kitchen with your family.
- Making baked vegan chocolate donuts at home can be cheaper than buying them from a bakery or store.
- And this vegan baked donut recipe has a ganache-type glaze which is outstanding.
Ingredients for the Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts?
- Flour. I start with all-purpose flour (affiliate link) but feel free to use your favorite one.
- Cocoa powder (affiliate link). Add cocoa to give your dough a chocolate taste; I like to use dark cocoa.
- Baking Powder. Use baking powder to ensure that your doughnuts bake to perfection for you.
- Maple Syrup. Give your doughnuts a sweeter taste using maple syrup as a natural sweetener.
- Plant-based milk. Use dairy-free milk in your recipe to create your donut batter.
vegan chocolate glaze
- Dark chocolate chopped into small pieces or chocolate chips
- Coconut milk (canned)
- Maple syrup
- Christmas candy canes broke into small pieces
- Nuts, pistachios, or seeds
- Edible flower petals
- Chocolate chips, colored pussies
- Edible gold or silver leaves
- Colored sugar
- Crumbled cookies
How to make vegan donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and add the wet ingredients
- Spoon the batter into a doughnut pan (affiliate link); if you are not using a nonstick pan, make sure you grease it first.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
How to make the Chocolate glaze?
Add coconut milk and chocolate in a small saucepan, and mix well. Add the vanilla and maple syrup, and stir over low heat until you can see the bottom of the pot. Glaze the doughnuts while the glaze is hot-warm.
How to glaze the vegan doughnuts
Dip the doughnuts into the glaze or pour the vegan chocolate glaze over the donuts on a cooling rack. Let the chocolate cool so it can set
Finish the donuts with whatever you want.
Other recipes that you may like:
Vegan chocolate doughnut
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup milk + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar I use rice or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the dry ingredients very well and empty the liquid ingredients.
- Put the mixture in the donut molds and bake for 15-20 minutes. When you put a toothpick in and it comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan put the coconut milk and chocolate, mix well. Add the vanilla and maple syrup, put on low heat and mix until everything is integrated and you can see the bottom of the pot.
- Put the donuts on a cooling rack and pour the chocolate into each one. Let the chocolate cool a bit before tasting.
- Finish the donuts with whatever you want.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023