In a world filled with sugary temptations, finding a sweet treat that is both delicious and healthy can feel like an impossible task. But fear not because we have the perfect solution for you – baked apple donuts!
About this Baked donuts recipe
These delectable treats are bursting with flavor and packed with nutrients, making them the ultimate guilt-free indulgence. Imagine sinking your teeth into a warm, soft donut that is infused with the fragrant aroma of cinnamon and baked apples.
The outer layer is perfectly golden and slightly crisp, giving way to a moist and tender center. But what sets these donuts apart from their fried counterparts is the use of fresh apples, which add a natural sweetness, perfect flavors, and a delightful hint of tartness.
Each mouthful brings a burst of joy, reminding you of cozy autumn days spent picking apples. And the best part? These mouthwatering treats are baked instead of fried, meaning you can enjoy them without any of the guilt or extra calories.
The Perfect Blend of Flavor and Health: vegan Baked apple donuts
Baked apple donuts are not just a delicious treat; they are also a nutritional powerhouse. Apples are rich in dietary fiver, vitamins, and antioxidants, making them an excellent choice for a healthy snack. Whether you’re craving a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or looking for a guilt-free dessert option, these donuts are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without compromising your health goals.
Nutritional Benefits of Apples
Apples are known to be high in fiber, which aids in digestion and helps keep you feeling full for longer periods. They also contain essential vitamins such as vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that boosts your immune system and promotes healthy skin, while potassium helps regulate blood pressure levels.
Furthermore, apples are packed with antioxidants called flavonoids. These powerful compounds help reduce inflammation in the body and protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer. So, by indulging in baked apple donuts, you’re treating yourself to a delightful dessert and giving your body a boost of essential nutrients.
INGREDIENTS for baked APPLE cinnamon DOughNUTS
- Flour. For these donuts, you can use whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour. If you use whole wheat flour, the consistency of the donuts will be a little heavier and the flavor nuttier.
- Apple sauce. You can use store-bought applesauce or homemade applesauce.
- Vegetable milk. You can use any vegetable milk that you like, most of the work. I love making my nut and grain milk at home, and I usually like to use almond milk or oat milk.
- Apple cider vinegar, maple syrup (you can use agave), vegetable oil (I use avocado, canola, or safflower).
- Baking soda, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon.
💥TIP: How to make applesauce at home? Do not throw away over ripe apples, or that have brown spots or maybe even bad parts. These apples are perfect to make apple sauce. 1. Remove everything that is not good, the stem, the core and seeds. 2. Put them in a pot and cover them with water. Leave over medium heat until the apples are soft. 3. Drain the apples and mash with a fork. Put the apple puree in jars and store in the refrigerator when at room temperature.
How to make vegan apple donuts
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar, stir, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients: applesauce, milk, vinegar, maple syrup, and two tablespoons of oil.
- Mix well and put the batter in a doughnut baking pan. If you do not have one, use one of the cupcakes donuts. Do not fill the molds to the top; leave space for the topping.
- Mix the chopped apple, chopped walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and clove (or a pinch of nutmeg) in a smaller bowl.
- Add the topping to each doughnut, about a heaping tablespoon, and press it down a bit.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Take them out of the oven and let them rest on a wire rack.
apple cinnamon donut topping
- Diced apples, any apple will work here, but I like crunchy apples.
- Chopped nuts, pecans, or walnuts, what you have on hand.
- Sugar brown sugar is best.
- Cinnamon, ground cinnamon. I usually use Mexican cinnamon or Ceylon cinnamon. If you want, you can also use a store-bought cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pinch of ground cloves
When they come out of the oven, let them cool, sprinkle them with powdered sugar, and….. that’s it. A delicious baked good, a delicious healthy-ish baked doughnut!!!!
Tips for the best Baked Apple Donuts
Here are some tips to ensure your baked apple donuts turn out perfect every time:
- Make sure to properly grease your donut pan before adding the batter. This will prevent sticking and ensure easy removal once they’re baked.
- Allow the donuts to cool slightly in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack. This helps them set and prevents them from breaking apart.
- If you’re not planning on serving all the donuts immediately, store them in an airtight container to maintain freshness.If you want to freeze the donuts, place them in a freezer-safe bag or container.
- They can be stored for up to three months. To thaw, simply leave them at room temperature or heat them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Tips for serving
To serve, you can enjoy these donuts as is or get creative with toppings. A simple dusting of powdered sugar or cinnamon adds an extra touch of sweetness.
For those who want an indulgent twist, drizzle some caramel or chocolate sauce over the top.
Other recipes that you may like.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Baked apple cinnamon doughnuts
- Donut pan
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure the milk and add the vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until they are well combined. Next, add the applesauce, milk, vinegar, maple syrup, and two tablespoons of oil. Mix throughly.
- Divide the donut batter into the donut baking pan. If you don't have one, use a cupcake pan. Do not fill the molds to the top; leave space for the topping.
- To prepare the mixture, take a small bowl and combine the chopped apple, chopped walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and clove.
- Add a tablespoon of the apple topping to each doughnut and press it down a bit.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- If you don’t have a doughnut pan, use a muffin pan.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry or other cool place when they are at room temperature.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Now that you have all the information and steps needed to create these delectable baked apple donuts, it’s time to get baking! Treat yourself and your loved ones to a sweet and healthy indulgence that will satisfy your cravings without any guilt. Enjoy the perfect blend of flavor and health with these irresistible treats!