This recipe for oats with caramelized bananas is more than a recipe; it is an idea for making the typical oatmeal breakfast into something MEGA DELICIOUS and nutritious. This breakfast has everything you need to thrive through the day.
For me, having oats for breakfast is part of a nutritious and well-balanced breakfast. Although I am more about savory things than sweet dishes, I do crave something sweet from time to time. I love this oatmeal with caramelized bananas because it is low in sugar, contains superfoods, and is very easy to make.
All about oats benefits
- Have tons of fiber
- Leaves us satisfied
- It is a whole grain
- Does not contain gluten (although the crops may be contaminated, look for gluten-free certified)
- They are ready in no time.
- Oatmeal helps regulate our digestive system; you know what I mean. 😉
How to make the perfect oatmeal?
- In a small pot, add the oats and chia if you are going to use them.
- Add the water and milk, and if you want to make them extra delicious add a pinch of salt.
- Turn on the heat and let it come to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and stir until creamy, and the liquid is almost completely absorbed.
Ingredients for a perfect oat breakfast
- Oatmeal, you can use traditional oat flakes, quick oat flakes, or instant oat flakes. I really like the One Degree brand because it is sprouted and organic.
- You can add chia seeds, which are great for getting more fiber into our diets.
- Almond milk, you can also use homemade oat milk. Plant-based milk makes it creamy and delicious.
- Spices, you can use cinnamon, cloves, Chinese five spices, pumpkin pie spices, etc.
how to caramelize bananas?
Steps to prepare caramelized bananas:
- Slice the banana lenght wise or in rounds.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with coconut oil over medium high heat. It is better not to use non-stick frying Teflon coated, they release chemicals that are not good for your health.
- Sprinkle the banana slices with white sugar or brownsugar; about one teaspoon per banana.
- Put the slices on the pan, and let them cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on top of the oats.
🔥You could also use the caramelized bananas to top waffles, pancakes or even french toast. If you want to use them as a dessert, serve them over vanilla ice-cream or drizzled with condensed milk.
Ideas for finishing the caramelized banana oatmeal:
- Homemade almond butter or peanut butter.
- Walnuts or any other nut goes great in this recipe. But walnuts are my favorite and I think it tastes amazing; walnuts and bananas are an incredible combo, don’t you think?
- Hemp, sesame, sunflower seeds, or sunflower seeds.
- Almond milk or other vegetable milk
- Maple syrup
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for this oatmeal with caramelized bananas that I am sure you will love. It is a different, nutritious and delicious way to eat oatmeal for breakfast. Please take a photo of it and share it on FB or Instagram when you do. If you are going to do it, then save it on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or a rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
OATS WITH CARAMELIZED BANANAS
- Non-stick skillet
- 2 bananas sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- almond butter
- hemp seeds
- almond milk
- Maple syrup
- In a small pot, put the oats and chia with the water, milk, and the spices. Put over medium heat and stir constantly so it does not stick.
- While the oats cook, cut the bananas into slices, sprinkle them with the sugar and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet add the teaspoon of coconut oil and put the bananas. Leave for 2-3 minutes before turning.
- Check the oatmeal and if it is already turn off the heat and remove from the stove.
- To serve, add two to three tablespoons of oatmeal in a bowl, if it is very thick add more milk, put the bananas on top and whatever you want to put on it.
- I served it with chopped pecans, hemp seeds, and almond butter.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.