Homemade almond butter is delicious; once you try, it is so hard to return to the store-bought one. This recipe is easy and customizable; you can add all your favorite flavors or/and sweeteners.
About this recipe
In the recipe card, you will find the classic, most basic way to make almond butter; this recipe calls for only one ingredient: almonds . But as I told you before, you can use any other spice, flavoring, or sweeteners.
Benefits of making your almond butter
Making our nut and seed butter at home has tons of benefits. First of all, we know 100% of what we are eating. Most store-bought nut jars of butter have added oils; some are hydrogenated oils.
These types of fats are not suitable for us. Also, most of these nut kinds of butter have tons of sugar and other processed ingredients.
How does homemade almond butter taste?
It tastes amazing. Believe me, once you try, it is so hard to return to the one you used to buy. Homemade nut butter tastes much better; they are creamy, perfectly delicious, and on top of that. They are so good for us.
How to make almond butter at home?
- First, roast the almonds at a very low-temperature 300ºF for 10-20 minutes. You will notice when they are ready because they start to smell delicious.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Put roasted almonds in the container of a high-speed blender like Vitamix or the container of a food processor . You can add a pinch of salt.
- Turn your device on, and at first, you will notice the almonds become almond meal. But then magic happens, and slowly they turn into creamy and delicious nut butter.
Tips for making the best almond butter
Add a bit of maple syrup or cinnamon if you want it to be a bit sweeter. Add flavors like chocolate, vanilla, or cardamom.
Frequently asked questions
Can I buy roasted almonds? When we roast our nuts at home, we take care of the temperature and do not over-roast them, so all the nutrients remain intact or enhanced.
Why is it important to roast the nuts? It is important to roast the nuts a bit so that we can digest them better. It can also be done without toasting them, but for me, the difference in flavor is enormous. It tastes much better with roasted almonds.
Does it work with other nuts? This is the method for making any nut or seed butter or a mixture of both. For example, you can put a part of walnuts, a part of sunflower seeds, and a part of another type of nut. Just toast a bit and then blend.
How long does it take? Depending on the machine you use to make this almond cream, it can take from 10 to 15-20 minutes.
How long does this last? This almond butter lasts long in the fridge if you keep it in a tightly covered glass jar.
How to eat almond butter?
- It is the best in freshly baked bread
- You can use it as a base for noodle sauce.
- With homemade chia seed crackers
- Or with fruit, with a few slices of apple, pear, and banana. Even with carrots, it tastes delicious.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Homemade almond butter
- Food processor
- 2 cups unroasted almonds
- pinch of salt * optional
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Put the two cups of almonds on a baking sheet, put them in the oven, and leave them for at least 10 minutes.
- Check them after 10 minutes, if they smell delicious and the center of an almond begins to look more golden and creamy, they are ready. If not leave them 5 more minutes. When ready, take them out of the oven.
- Let them cool a little, until you can touch them without burning yourself. Put them in the food processor bowl prepared with the s-blade attachment.
- Turn it on and let it run until the almond butter is formed. Occasionally stop the processor and scrape down the sides of the container.
- Put in a jar and store in a dark and cold place or in the refrigerator.
- First, you will see that the almonds become like powder.
- Then it will form like a ball of almond butter inside the bowl let it run.
- Just after the previous step, it breaks, and the almond butter comes through.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.