This almond butter noodles recipe is guaranteed to be a show stopper, a crowd-pleaser, and anything else. It is fresh, delicious, easy to make, and perfect for a crazy weekday night or weekend party.
About this recipe
This almond butter noodle sauce is super easy to make; you just have to whisk the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and then pour it over the noodles.
You can use Asian noodles, regular pasta, quinoa noodles, buckwheat, ramen noodles, o gluten-free pasta, or soba noodle. Another thing about this recipe is that you can add veggies or not, finish it with nuts and aromatics or eat it as is.
- Noodles, as I said before, this recipe works with any noodle; choose your favorite.
- Tamari sauce, sub with soy sauce or coconut aminos.
- Almond butter, in a pinch, you can use peanut butter
- Rice vinegar or any other mild vinegar works here. It is best to use unseasoned rice vinegar.
- Lime juice or lemon juice.
- Sesame oil: toasted sesame oil is best here, or spicy toasted sesame oil.
How to make this recipe
Whisk all the almond butter sauce ingredients in a large bowl and put noodles and fresh veggies in a pasta bowl. Then I pour the sauce over the pasta. From there, start adding fresh ingredients; I usually add what I have in the fridge. It tastes fantastic with cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, red bell peppers, carrots, lettuce, spinach, or let your imagination fly.
Finish it with fresh herbs like mint, cilantro, sliced scallions, chopped peanuts, or toasted sesame seeds. If you want to add more e protein to them, crispy tofu is a great idea, edamame or even faux chicken.
give this recipe a twist
- Make it spicier by adding sriracha sauce
- Make it sweeter by adding Maple syrup
- Don´t have noodles? Use brown rice.
- If you only have five minutes, use precooked noodles or udon noodles
Why I love this recipe
This is a vegan dish that comes together in under ten minutes. And if you mix it with a high protein noodle, like quinoa noodles that have tons of excellent and clean protein, as well as almond butter, and when you put the two together. And on top of that, you add fresh vegetables it is total PERFECTION, don’t you think?
ideas to Use this almond butter sauce
It is a great sauce to have in the fridge. It tastes fantastic with any noodles, as a dressing for a salad, or even as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or a Buddha bowl. Or finish a good stir fry with it.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for these quinoa noodles with creamy almond butter sauce; it is delicious, easy, vegan, and perfect for every meal. Share a picture of your creation on Instagram or Facebook. If you want to make it later, save it on Pinterest.
10-minute Almond butter noodles
- Pasta pot
- Large bowl
- 1 1-lb noodles regular noodles or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 green cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black or regular sesame
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Cook pasta following the directions on the package, when done, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Mix the almond butter, tamari, tahini, vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil and salt in a bowl until well integrated. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. It can be a bit salty, but it will balance out when the pasta is added.
- Add to the pasta and finish it out with the rest of the ingredients.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe was first published in March 2016.
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
I love the easy almond butter sauce you’ve made! It sounds so creamy and delicious <3 I'm definitely going to try this for an easy dinner!
Hi Kyra, it is amazing, easy and full of flavor. It has become a favorite at home.?
This looks absolutely gorgeous! I love the fresh, light flavors you have packed into this dish- yum!
Yes, it is light, fresh and super, super easy!!! Hope you like it!?
This is my kind of meal. It’s gorgeous and I bet just as delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Glad you liked it! I love it!
Look delicious. I will try this recipe with my black beans noodles!!!