This is my favorite green juice recipe; I call it tasty green juice or jugo verde perfecto, as we say it in Spanish. Because, let’s be honest, not every green juice is good or tastes fantastic.
You must have the best ingredients and ingredient combinations to make them delicious! And this one is perfect.
What do I prefer: Smoothies or juices?
I always get asked if I like smoothies or juices better. I love both; each one has its magic and set of benefits. But the reality is that if you do not find the right balance with the right ingredients, juices and green smoothies will taste awful.
This tasty green juice recipe is my favorite juice recipe. It is the first recipe I nailed, and it tastes good. It is fresh, easy to drink with mild flavors, and perfect as a guideline for other ingredients. At home, we take both smoothies and juices.
Are green juices healthy?
Green juice is always helpful for boosting our immune system. Juices are also a great way to consume more fruits, leafy greens, fresh herbs (cilantro, fresh mint, and parsley), superfoods ( fresh ginger, turmeric, or garlic), and vegetables. We must be mindful and remember they are not a complete meal, even though they are filled with antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins.
Which juice is the tastiest?
Before this recipe, there was a lot of trial and error, so please, keep trying. If you make one smoothie for juice that is not as good as you think it would…., keep trying. Eventually, you will find the right balance with the ingredients and find the right recipe for you and/or your family.
How to make green a good juice?
Time needed: 14 minutes.
Here is my really simple method: making the best-tasting green juice. These are easy steps that can be used with any ingredients.
- Prep your produce, wash all of your fruits and veggies thoroughly. If you have conventional produce, peel it. Here is an example; if you buy organic cucumber, wash it, and you’re ready to go. But, if you buy a non-organic cucumber, wash it and peel it.
After washing and peeling your produce, cut it into small pieces.
- Make the juice. This step is pretty straightforward if you have a juicer (affiliate link) (there are two basic types of juicers, a slow juicer (affiliate link), and a centrifugal juicer (affiliate link)). Just run the fruits and veggies through the juicer (affiliate link). If you feel the pulp still has a lot of juice, pass it through the juicer (affiliate link) again.
If you don’t have a juicer (affiliate link) use your blender. It is super easy to make tasty blender juices. To make them put all your ingredients in a powerful blender and add a bit of liquid. This can be water or coconut water.
Blend all the ingredients until well integrated.
- Strain the juice (mixture). Some juicers leave a bit of pulp behind in the juice, and if you don’t like this texture, you will have to strain the mixture. And if you make blender juice, you will have to strain the mixture.
There are two ways to strain it, one is using a very fine mesh, and the other is using an old kitchen towel.
Either way always uses a bowl. Put the sieve or kitchen over a bowl and pour juice. This is way less messy than trying to strain it into a glass.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- Add some ice to your juice. I don’t know about you, but any drink tastes better with ice.
- If you give this tasty green juice to your kids, serve it in plastic cups with a lid. This way, they won’t judge by the color of the juice.
- Another great way to make them drink it is by giving it a “fun” name. My son loved dinosaurs, so every green juice had a dinosaur-related name when he was growing up. And my daughter loves to speak in Spanish, so whenever I gave her the green juice, I would say, “Here is your jugo verde.”
- If you are starting to introduce green beverages to your family, you would probably like to add more apples or fruits with natural sweetness. Lemon juice is a great addition. But, as they get used to it, add more greens.
- Here are other vegan juice recipes that do not contain green veggies:
Frequently asked questions
Other recipes that you may like:
Use my green juice recipe as a guide
Those are some of my favorite recipes; use them as a guide until you ever get your favorite juice recipe. The main idea of making your favorite recipe is that you can joyfully drink green juice in the mornings and NOT drink it as a punishment.
Give this recipe a twist
- Instead of kale leaves, you could use spinach, baby spinach, romaine, or green leaves.
- Instead of cucumbers, use pineapple or zucchini.
- Instead of green apples, use gala apples or pears.
- Omit or add more celery.
- And switch it up but add lemon instead of limes.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Tasty green juice
- High-speed blender
- Fine mesh or kitchen towl
- 2 handfuls kale
- 1 cucumber peeled if not organic
- 3 celery stalks cut into pieces
- 1/2 lemon without peel
- 1 piece ginger peeled
- 1 green apple peeled if not organic
- Prepare the produce by washing and chopping.
- Run the ingredients through the juicer or blend them.
- Strain the juice if needed.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.