Not all smoothies have to be green or have a weird color. This pink beet smoothie not only has a beautiful color, it has tons of natural vegan protein.
How this recipe came along?
When I started giving smoothies to my kids, it was a total shock for them. I have to confess; I wasn’t very good at making them. Every morning I blended whatever I found in the fridge and called it a smoothie.
That smoothie did not always have the prettiest color; most days, the color was really weird and with a brownish-greenish color. Not pretty or tasty, so I had to come up with good recipes like this one.
About beet smoothies
Beet smoothies are known for their deep red color and sweet, earthy flavor. Some popular ingredients to add to a beet smoothie include fruits like berries, apples, and oranges; vegan yogurt for added creaminess; and ginger or mint for added flavor.
Beet smoothies can be a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet and provide many health benefits, such as improved blood flow and a boost to your immune system.
Beet smoothie ingredients
- frozen berries
- hemp seeds
- raw cashews
- lime juice
- coconut water or almond milk
How to make the best vegan smoothie?
- Yes, not all vegan smoothies are created equal. You want to make a sound, low-calorie, nutrient-dense smoothie.
- To achieve this, you must add a combination of fruits, seeds, vegetables, greens, and superfoods.
- Prepare your smoothies with the colors of the rainbow in mind. Red cherries, orange sweet potatoes, squash or carrots, yellow limes or ginger, greens like kale and spinach, and blues and purples in all the berries.
- Then add the liquid first to your blender. This will make your plant-based smoothie have a silky, smoother texture.
- Start blending at a very slow speed, and gradually turn it up until you get to the fastest setting. Let it blend for a minute or so.
- Remember that if you do not have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec you can always strain your juices and smoothies.
- If you are starting to drink them, drink them icy or add ice cubes.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Pink beet smoothie
- 1 beet
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- lime juice
- 1½ cup water, coconut water or almond milk
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Drink immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.