This vegan lemon poppy seed muffins recipe is easy, delicious, and perfect to have with coffee at breakfast or tea in the afternoon. The best part of this recipe is deciding if you want to bake muffins, a bundt cake, or a loaf. This recipe works either way.
why WILL you FALL IN LOVE WITH these lemon muffins
We use the whole lemon. This lemon bread is made with juice and zest of lemons.
Lemon benefits. Everything that lemons do for us is impressive; I know the first thing that comes to mind is vitamin C, which is great for colds and boosting the immune system. But lemons are also a significant source of phytonutrients and antioxidants that take care of the heart, help us cleanse the liver, and have a lot of magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus.
One bowl. There is no need to use or take out a mixer or any other kitchen gadgets; you do everything in one mixing bowl. The key is to put the ingredients in the order the recipe calls them for.
Different shapes. You can make muffins, you can make a bundt cake, or you can make a loaf.
Low in sugar. This bread does not have a glaze on top, but you can put it; it is optional.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON muffins
- All-purpose flour (affiliate link), you can use whole wheat flour as long as it is finely ground. If you use white flour, it is better to use an unbleached one.
- Baking powder if you can look for a baking powder WITHOUT aluminum.
- Baking soda. Sea salt
- Coconut oil, olive oil, or avocado oil
- Maple syrup; you could also use agave syrup and cane sugar
- Rice milk, almond milk, or other plant-based milk
- Lemon juice and lemon zest
- Poppy seeds
How to make vegan lemon poppy seed muffins?
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the liquid ingredients minus the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, and poppy seeds. Mix.
- Divide the dough into your favorite baking pan. Bake and enjoy
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
VEGAN LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS
- 2 cups wheat flour best unbleached
- 1/4 cup of unrefined sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder if you can make it without aluminum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of rice or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of poppy seeds
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350º F / 180ºC.
- Prepare a muffin tray with muffin liners
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the oil, maple syrup and add the milk. Mix perfectly.
- Add the lemon juice, the poppy seeds and the lemon zest to the mix .
- Divide the mix into the 12 muffins. Bake for 20 to 25min.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023