Are you in love with avocados as much as I am? I eat them daily, and this is my favorite recipe for guacamole, the healthiest and easiest recipe ever.
This recipe is no-cilantro guacamole and is not spicy; it is just delicious.
About this recipe
This recipe is full of benefits, and it is super easy to prepare. It has raw garlic, freshly squeezed lime juice, and salt. I learned about this way of making guacamole in an Authentic Mexican restaurant and loved it.
The server at this restaurant brought to our table a molcajete and started crushing the garlic and avocados in front of us. I loved the use of the traditional molcajete and how good it tasted. We ate it with homemade tortilla chips and a very good salsa verde.
What’s a molcajete?
A molcajete is the Mexican version of a mortar and pestle. It is usually made from lava rock and carved by hand. In a molcajete, you can prepare salsas and guacamoles, crush spices, or use them as a serving dish. Be sure to buy one made from lava rock and season it before using it the first time.
healthiest Guacamole ingredients
- AVOCADOS Look for avocados that are ripe but firm to the touch. The better it is, the tastier your guacamole will be.
- GARLIC Did you know that raw garlic is one of the best natural antibiotics? This is why I call this recipe the healthiest ever. It has all the benefits from the garlic, the avocado, and the vitamins from the lime juice.
- LIME JUICE You can use lime or lemon juice, but I prefer lime juice for all Mexican recipes. I love that it is tangy and very acidic, and the flavor from the zest is simply the best.
- SALT I usually use sea salt or kosher salt. I stay away from the classic table salt or salt with additives.
how to make it? two ways
MOLCAJETE. To make your guacamole on a molcajete, start crushing the garlic with the salt until you form a paste. In Spanish, we say molcajetear, which is the action of doing something in a molcajete. When the paste is formed, add the avocados and mash them until you have the right consistency. Squeeze a lime or two, mix, and taste.
If you don’t have this Mexican mortar and pestle, use a regular one or prepare it in a bowl.
BOWL. Peel and mince the garlic or press it. Set aside. Add the flesh of the avocados to a bowl and use a fork to mash them. Add the minced garlic and a good pinch of salt, and squeeze a lime or two. Taste and adjust if needed.
✎TIP If you are a bit worried about eating raw garlic, let it sit with the lime juice and salt before adding it to the mashed avocado. This will remove the sharp bite from it.
Best way to eat your guac
There are so many ways to eat it, but my favorite is corn chips. I like baked chips, homemade or store-bought. I eat it as a snack or appetizer. But this is perfect to finish any Mexican food. Here are some recipes I think you would love to finish with the healthiest guacamole ever.
Frequently asked questions
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Healthiest guacamole recipe ever
- Garlic press
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon/lime
- Mince garlic or press in a garlic presser. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and place the flesh in a bowl.
- Smash it with the back part of a fork, add the garlic and squeeze the lime. Let the juice of the lime sit for a few minutes over the garlic. Add the salt and mix.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Guacamole is best eaten fresh.
- If you need to store it, cover it with a plastic wrap. The plastic wrap has to touch the guacamole.
- Or ad a little bit of olive oil on top or lemon juice.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.