Baba Ganoush is an eggplant spread, usually in mezze; a variety of small dishes include hummus, tabbouleh, olives, falafel, and pita.
This recipe for roasted eggplant dip, baba ganoush, is the perfect recipe for snacking the right way, the healthy way.
What’s baba ganoush?
Baba ganoush is a vegan Middle Eastern dip made from roasted eggplant, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. It is typically served as a dip for pita bread, crackers, or vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, or red bell peppers and is known for its creamy texture and smoky flavor.
This vegetarian eggplant dip, baba ganoush, is to die for. It is easy and flavorful. And if you like hummus, you’ll love this option.
- Medium/large eggplant
- Lemon the juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Some baba ganoush recipes call for garlic. I don’t use garlic in my recipe, but if you like, try adding a small raw or roasted garlic.
How to make an easy baba ganoush recipe
The eggplant is typically grilled or roasted until it is soft, cut in half and, scoop the flesh, discard the peel. Then mashed or pureed ( I make the dip in my food processor (affiliate link)) to create a creamy, flavorful dip.
Finish the eggplant dip with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh herbs.
How to serve it
Baba ganoush is served as an appetizer or a side dish and is often enjoyed with pita bread or vegetables. It is a popular dish in countries like Lebanon, Israel, and the Mediterranean region and is known for its unique combination of savory, nutty, and slightly tangy flavors.
Facts about eggplants
- Eggplants are not bitter.
- Eggplants are not difficult to cook with.
- Eggplants do NOT taste awful; they are DELICIOUS.
- Eggplant, also known as aubergine.
- It is a nutritious and versatile vegetable (nightshade) with several health benefits. It is low in calories, rich in antioxidants, and a good source of fiber.
- Baba ganoush is easy to make and the perfect way to enjoy it.
tips to make the perfect baba ganoush
- You can toast the eggplant in a toaster oven, a cast iron griddle (affiliate link), a baking sheet in the oven, or a stove.
- It is best to use a food processor (affiliate link) for this recipe. I like it very creamy, so I let the food processor run for a while.
- Try using flavorful olive oil in this recipe. I use very good olive oil with a bright flavor whenever a recipe calls for it in its raw form.
- Try to buy the best tahini you can find; I like the kind of tahini that is smooth and runny and makes measuring it easier.
- Some recipes go well with baba ganoush: falafel, hummus, and homemade crackers.
Frequently asked questions
Other healthy dip recipes
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
- Food processor
- 1 medium / large eggplant to give you a cup of cooked flesh
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon the juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- * chopped parsley, mint or cilantro for serving optional
- In the oven, stove, or toaster oven, roast the eggplant. Keep turning so it roasts evenly. If the eggplant is very big, pinch it with a fork before placing it in the oven.
- When thoroughly roasted and charred everywhere. Cut it in half and scoop out the flesh, and put it in the bowl of a food processor or blender.Discard the peel.
- Add olive oil, salt, tahini and lemon juice.
- Pulse well until all ingredients are well combined.
- Serve in a bowl, sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve with pita chips or crudites.
How to storeBaba ganoush can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Before storing your baba ganoush, let it cool completely to room temperature and store it in an airtight container. Check for seasoning before serving, you may need to add some lemon juice and some salt.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023