Strawberry agua fresca is a refreshing and fruity Mexican drink perfect for warm weather or any time you need a sweet and refreshing pick-me-up.
About this recipe
This agua fresca is made with frozen strawberries, water, sugar, and lime juice; this drink is a delicious and healthy alternative to sugary sodas and juices.
In this recipe, I’ll show you how to make this classic Mexican drink from scratch, including tips on choosing the best ingredients and equipment, adjusting the recipe to taste, and serving the drink in style. So grab your blender, and let’s get started!
- Strawberries. Use fresh or frozen strawberries. I usually use frozen strawberries for two reasons. With frozen strawberries, I can make this drink any time I want and faster. Second, frozen strawberries give the perfect consistency and temperature.
- Lime or lemon. A bit of acid brings brightness to this agua fresca. If you want to make it more Mexican, use limes.
- Sugar. Use white sugar or cane sugar.
How to make agua de fresa
- Wash and remove the stems if using fresh strawberries
- Place the fruit, sugar, lemon juice, and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a pitcher to remove any pulp or seeds. Straining is optional.
- Store the agua fresca in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve the agua fresca over ice and garnish with fresh fruit or herbs if desired.
Strawberry agua fresca is a versatile drink that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Here are a few serving suggestions to try:
Pair it with Mexican dishes: Strawberry agua fresca is a popular drink in Mexico and is often served alongside traditional Mexican dishes like tacos, enchiladas, or tamales.
Enjoy it as a refreshing summer drink: This drink is perfect for hot summer days when you need a cool and refreshing beverage. Serve it over ice with a slice of lime or fresh strawberry for an extra burst of flavor.
Serve it at a party or picnic: Strawberry agua fresca is a great drink to serve at parties or picnics. Make a large batch and serve it in a clear pitcher with fresh strawberry slices or lime wedges for a beautiful presentation.
Experiment with different garnishes: Get creative with your garnishes and try adding fresh mint leaves or a splash of sparkling water for a fizzy twist.
Other agua frescas that you may love:
Frequently asked questions
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Agua de fresa, strawberry agua fresca
- fine mesh strainer
- 1½ cups Strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- ¼-½ cup sugar
- 5 cups water
- ½ lime, the juice
- Place the fruit, water, lime juice, and sugar in a blender, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a pitcher to remove any pulp or seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023
- TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS (TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS) - May 25, 2023