Sweet potatoes and potatoes are versatile ingredients that can be used in various dishes. This post will explore the delicious combination of sweet potatoes and potatoes in tacos.
Whether you’re a fan of crunchy tacos or soft tacos, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings for something delicious and filling. So let’s get started!
ingredients for the sweet potato tacos
- Potatoes diced
- Sweet potatoes, diced
- Diced onion
- Corn tortillas
- Tomatillo (affiliate link) chipotle salsa
How to make the sweet potato tacos
- Preheat a bit a skillet and put the oil, potatoes, and diced sweet potatoes with the salt sea. Leave them uncovered for about 5-10 minutes until you see them begin to brown a little bit.
- Add the onion and let them, stirring until all is cooked and browned.
Benefits of sweet potatoes
They are delicious in every way they are prepared; I even put them in raw juices, and they taste great. They are full of vitamin C, B6, and many more vitamins, minerals, etc. They are full of benefits that make us look good, slow our aging process, help us prevent getting sick very often, etc.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Sweet potato and potato tacos with tomatillo-chipotle sauce
- 2 potatoes diced
- 2 sweet potatoes diced yams
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons normal oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tomatillos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce or more to your taste
- Corn tortillas to serve
- Pre heat a bit a skillet and put the oil, potatoes and diced sweet potatoes with salt sea. Leave them there, uncovered, for about 5-10 minutes until you see that begin to brown a little bit.
- Add the onion and let them cook stirring constantly until all is cooked through and browned.
- Meanwhile boil the tomatillos and garlic cloves in a saucepan with water a little bit of water, just to prevent them sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- When fully soft and cooked, add the chipotle and using an immersion blender puree everythig. Add salt and test for seasoning and spiciness. Add all the Chipotle you want, I use a little so the children eat it too.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- On the menu week#12 - March 19, 2023
- 17 nourishing breakfast ideas - March 17, 2023
- GRILLED VEGETABLE SANDWICH WITH PESTO - March 14, 2023