These are the only potatoes you need for a snack, salad, or accompanying your favorite dish. This Mexican potato recipe is for the best Chipotle Lime Chili Potatoes, which are slow-cooked, tangy, smooth, and perfect.
INGREDIENTS FOR the mexican CHIPOTLE POTATOES
- Chipotle Chile in Adobo and Canned chipotle chili in adobo are perfect for this recipe.
- New potatoes, fingerlings, or any other small potato
- Lemon juice, use fresh lemon juice or lime juice; it will always be better than any store-bought lemon juice.
- Olive oil
THE TECHNICAL PART OF THIS RECIPE
Confit is the culinary term used when an ingredient is simmered in fat. This technique is best known for fats of animal origin. But the fantastic thing is that you can also cook vegetables and anything else you want in vegetable oil or olive oil.
HOW TO MAKE POTATOES IN CHIPOTLE AND OIL
It is as easy as blending the ingredients for the confit; you must combine the oil with the lemon juice and salt. When blended and perfect, pour it over the potatoes and cover the pan with a lid.
Cover the potatoes and leave them over low heat until they offer no resistance and are soft when you prick them with a fork.
HOW TO SERVE THE POTATOES
Serve them in small glass cups if you serve them as appetizers or snacks.
Put them on a large platter to serve family dinner style and use them as a side dish or a grilled protein.
Serve them on top of hummus or steamed brown rice. Or as part of your Buddha bowl.
Serve on a bed of lettuce or sliced cabbage. The combination between the freshness of the green leaves and the spiciness of the potatoes is delicious.
Other recipes that you may like:
🔥 IMPORTANT NOTE Since these potatoes are cooked in oil, it reaches high temperatures. Be very careful when handling it. IT WILL BE VERY HOT.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Small potatoes with chipotle peppers and lime juice
- Cast iron braiser
- 2 lb / 1kg small potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons chipotle pepper in adobo paste
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add to a blender jar the chipotle pepper paste, the lime juice, the olive oil and salt. Blend until well mixed.
- Wash the potatoes and put in a pan with a lid. Add the chipotle pepper and lime juice mixture over the potatoes, cover and cook for 20 min. over low heat.
- Pinch the potaotes with a fork to ensure they are cooked through.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.