When you have no idea what to prepare for lunch or dinner, you have to make this recipe for Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos. You serve them with a super easy red cabbage salad and finish them with salsa verde. The BEST.
These Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos with BBQ Sauce and Coleslaw are an adapted version of a recipe I have here on the blog. The original recipe is baked sweet potatoes stuffed with lentils and a cabbage salad with chipotle dressing. I decided to switch it up a bit because of my crazy and fast-paced life.
Ingredients to make sweet potato and black bean tacos
- Sweet potatoes. Use potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. It will be just as tasty, but sweet potatoes have super special nutritional powers. And in a taco, everything tastes delicious.
- Onion. Diced or sliced. Any onion works; use what you have on hand.
- Black beans. You can use canned or home-cooked beans.
- BBQ sauce. You can use homemade or store-bought bbq sauce. In this post, you will find the recipe for a homemade spicy bbq sauce.
How to make black bean and sweet potato tacos?
- Step one. Sauté the onion in the oil, add the sweet potatoes and leave until the onion and the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Step two. Heat the tortillas.
- Step three. Make the salad. And then enjoy.
Tips and ideas to make the best tacos
- Cut the sweet potatoes to the same size. This makes them cook at the same time and makes each bite delicious.
- Do not put the black beans in until the sweet potatoes are cooked and soft; the beans can burn.
- Heat the tortillas until everything is done; you don’t want them to get hard.
- If you can’t find red cabbage, try green cabbage or kale, or even iceberg lettuce.
- Serve with salsa verde or salsa roja molcajeteada.
🔥GIVE IT A TWIST🔥 If you don't have sweet potatoes, use potatoes, it will be just as good. You can also make tostadas instead of tacos.
Other recipes that you may like:
Here is the recipe for these sweet potato tacos and black beans, and I hope you like them as much as we do. If you do, take a photo of it and share it on Instagram or FB for all of us to see it. If you are going to prepare this later, then save it on Pinterest.
It would also be incredible if you left your comments, ideas, or doubts below, and do not forget to give it 5 stars.
Sweet potato and black bean tacos
- 2 tablespoons of oil neutral flavor
- 1 cup onion minced
- 4 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 ½ cups of cooked black beans
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 1/2 cabbage split as thin as possible
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 12 corn tortillas to make the tacos
- In a frying pan put the tablespoons of oil and the onion. When the onion is translucent add the sweet potato and a good pinch of salt.
- Leave until golden brown on one side, and then flip. Be careful not to burn. When the sweet potatoes are cooked add the beans and the bbq sauce. Leave until everything is cooked and seasoned.
- Slice the cabbage as thinly as possible, add the olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Mix well with your hands, until everything is coated.
- To make the tacos, heat the tortillas, add a little bean and sweet potato mixture, and finish with a handful of coleslaw and salsa verde.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What you need:
- Celery Juice: Discover its Properties and Benefits - May 29, 2023
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023