This vegan potato salad with no mayo is one of my favorite side dish recipes on the blog. I love how easy it is to make and the ingredients it has.
This healthy potato salad is perfect as a side dish for any sandwich, quiché, or tartines, perfect for a dream dinner or lunch.
WHERE DID I DISCOVER THIS vegan potato SALAD recipe?
One day, I ate this vegan potato salad at a deli between my children’s soccer games at a small restaurant with just sandwiches and salads.
I decided to call it the best vegan potato salad. Because of the flavor profile of the ingredients and because this salad has olive oil in it and is a potato salad without mayo, you could also call it healthy potato salad.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE POTATO SALAD FOR PICNIC
- Chopped onion, you can use shallots if you want a milder flavor
- Champagne vinegar or any other mild vinegar. If you do not have it, you can add apple cider vinegar ; it will be slightly more substantial but equally delicious.
- Celery, finely chopped.
- Olives. The Castel Vetrano olives are super delicious and are perfect in this recipe. If you can’t get black olives, use kalamata or green olives, they all work.
- Capers. I love them; they are a total flavor booster.
- Olive oil. Use extra virgin olive oil.
- Roughly chopped parsley
How to make the best vegan potato salad without mayo?
Start with minced white onion and a little bit of white wine vinegar. This takes thfirm ng bite of the onion away. Then I add celery, black olives, capers, and potatoes and finish it with tons of parsley.
And then I finish it with olive oil and salt and pepper. It is easy, delicious, and perfect for every occasion.
Serve this healthier potato salad with
🔥Which potatoes are the best for this vegan salad? Any type of potato, large or small. Yukon, Russet, fingerlings, red or purple potatoes. Really the one you like the most. The only thing is that the potatoes have to be cooked throughly, but they still hold their shape. Another important tip is that when you cook the potatoes, do not forget to heavily salt your water. You can also add herbs such as bay leaf or thyme.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
The best vegan potato salad
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1-2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata or black olives
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil optional
- 2-3 tablespoons of chopped parsley optional
- salt and pepper
- 2 large potatoes cooked and peeled
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until thoroughly cooked.
- In a large bowl add the onion and the vinegar. Set aside.
- When the potato is cooked, roughly chop in bite-size pieces and
- Add it to the bowl with the onion and vinegar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Test for seasoning and adjust if needed.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.