In this Post
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
This recipe for chia pudding is incredibly easy to make and is also highly nutritious. It is a vegan recipe and can be enjoyed as a dessert, breakfast, or as a snack to boost your energy in the afternoon. It is the perfect treat for those days when you need a little something extra to help you power through your day
- Raw cashews
- Pitted dates
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Chia seeds
HOW TO MAKE CHIA PUDDING?
- The first step is to prepare the cashew milk.
- Put the chia seeds in a large bowl and pour the milk. Mix well so that there are no seed clumps. Cover and let it rest for 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve and finish with your favorite toppings.
IDEAS TO FINISH THE CHIA PUDDING
- For dessert, top it off with coconut whipped cream, grated chocolate, and raspberries.
- For breakfast, serve it with granola and fruit.
Healthiest Vegan Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 1 blender
- When cashews are soaked, drain and rinse.
- Blend with 3 cups of water.
- Add to the milk, the dates, pinch of salt, the teaspoons of vanilla and coconut oil. Blend well until everything is all well integrated. Taste and adjust sweetness if necessary.
- In a large bowl with a lid add the chia seeds and the cashew mixture.
- Mix well so there are no chia clumps. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Serve with fresh fruit, spices, maple syrup, nuts granola or as is.
- If it is too thick add water or more non-dairy milk until you get the consistency that you want.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Tips for the best pudding
- I know that many people may not enjoy the consistency of chia seeds, but did you know that you can blend them? You could blend the seeds when they are dry or even blend the chia pudding before serving it to alter its texture. Take a look at this recipe for Chia Pudding with Cherries and Chocolate to see what I mean.
- This recipe is made with homemade cashew milk. Almond milk will do the job, too, as well as any other vegetable milk from your grocery store.
- If you make almond milk at home, you can use this chocolate chip cookie recipe to use the almond meal.
- I usually buy Nutiva chia seeds, but any brand will work fine.
BENEFITS OF CHIA
Chia seeds are a fantastic source of high-quality protein, containing all nine essential amino acids. They are also loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and various nutrients like calcium, magnesium, and iron, making them an excellent addition to a healthy and balanced diet.
This recipe appeared first in Ale Cooks in 2016.