In this post
About this recipe
This recipe is the perfect recipe to make when you don’t have time or desire to cook. It really is as easy as putting all the ingredients in a baking dish, and that’s it; in 20 minutes, you will have lunch or dinner ready. The truth is, I am calling it a “recipe,” but really, there’s no science or method to it 😉, you just put everything together.
The traditional way to make gnocchi is in boiling water, but you need to wait for the water to boil, watch them while they are cooking to avoid sticking, and take them out at the right time to prevent overcooking and falling apart. Baking gnocchis is faster since you spread them on a baking pan and let them bake without having to be so vigilant.
To make this recipe, you need gnocchis (traditional potato gnocchis), cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, and feta cheese (I use vegan feta cheese).
How to make baked gnocchis?
Place the gnocchis, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic cloves, and diced feta cheese in a baking dish.
Bake until the tomatoes burst, the feta cheese is melted, and the garlic cloves are caramelized.
Vegan Baked Gnocchi with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
- 1 Baking dish 8 in x 12 in
- 16 oz gnocchi 1 package
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz feta cheese cubed, without liquid, I use vegan
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a baking dish, place the gnocchi, cherry tomatoes, peeled garlic, olive oil, and salt. Mix well and arrange the garlic cloves so that they are at the bottom of the dish.
- Add the feta cheese and the basil leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180°C (350°F). They will be ready when you see the cherry tomatoes starting to burst, the cheese is almost melted, and the gnocchi are tender.
- Remove from the oven and carefully crush a few tomatoes and the garlic. Mix everything, being careful not to mash the gnocchi.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.