In this post
About this recipe
This easy overnight oats vegan recipe is the perfect recipe for a delicious, super-healthy breakfast. With this recipe and my ideas on how to finish it, you will have the ideal breakfast every morning, especially for busy mornings.
What are overnight oats? Overnight oats are a no-cook method of making oatmeal. Instead of cooking the oats with hot water or milk, you mix rolled oats with liquid (like milk, almond milk, or yogurt) and other mix-ins such as fruits, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners. Then, you let the mixture sit in the refrigerator overnight. By morning, the oats have absorbed the liquid, softened up, and are ready to eat, cold and creamy. This method not only saves time in the morning but also creates a delicious, nutritious, and convenient breakfast option.
How to make easy overnight oats with chia and flaxseeds?
- Grab a big bowl mix all the ingredients, and stir until you see no clumps.
- Cover the bowl.
- Place in the refrigerator and let the magic happen.
- Finish your oats with bananas and berries and a good sprinkle of cinnamon or toppings of choice.
Easy overnight oats recipe
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup of blueberries mango, strawberries or the fruit that you prefer
- sweetner of choice
- Mix the oatmeal, chia, and flaxseed with the cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour the milk and mix very well.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge. If you are making individual servings, divide the oats and seeds mixture into 4 jars, fill about 3/4 of the jar, cover with the lid.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- The following day or before enjoying it, add the fruit and adjust the flavor.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What type of oats are the best for this recipe?
Generally, in the supermarket, you will find three types of oats: instant oats, steel-cut oats, and rolled oats.
The difference between one and the other is that the instant oats are cut into small pieces so that it cooks faster; rolled oats take longer to cook.
The texture of cooked instant oats and rolled oats is different; the instant oatmeal is more like porridge, it is soft. The rolled oats are more full-bodied and firmer in texture. It also takes longer to cook.
Some Good things about overnight oats
- Some store-bought cereals are superly processed and full of sugar. If we make our seed-oat mix at home we control the sugar and gain tons of nutrients.
- We can adapt the taste to what we have in the pantry or fridge.
- We can use whole-grain oats and make sure they are gluten-free if we need to.
- This recipe lasts a week in the fridge, so you prepare it once and eat a good healthy breakfast all week long.
- This is the perfect recipe for meal prep, prepare it on Sunday night to have a good breakfast full of good fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and all sorts of goodies for our body.
Creative ideas to finish the overnight oats
- You could add a good dollop of vegan Greek yogurt and some chocolate chips and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Use nut butter a teaspoon of vanilla extract and berries to finish it.
- Or coconut milk with mangoes and wish to give it a tropical flavor profile.
- Nuts and dried fruit like cranberries.
- Apples and pears.
💡 How to use recycled jars? When you finish a jar or storebought sauce, jelly or anything that comes in small jars, save the jar. And wash them throughly, and remove the label with hot water and a bit of soap. If you have an emply jar of peanut butter or almond butter prepare your overnight oats there. These jars are perfect for taking this ideal breakfast anywhere.