This easy overnight oats vegan recipe is the perfect recipe for a delicious, super-healthy breakfast. With this recipe and my ideas on how to finish it, you will have the ideal breakfast every morning, especially for busy mornings.
What are overnight oats?
Oats are one of my favorite grains that can be prepared raw or cooked, can be used as flour, and have many other uses. Either way, you prepare them, they’re super tasty and make the perfect breakfast.
In my house, we have them both ways: slowly cooked and as overnight oatmeal that is when your oats soak in some liquid. This recipe for overnight oats is nourishing and delicious and best of all you can take it on the go.
Why will you love this recipe
This recipe is excellent because you prepare it at night, and in the morning, you have a breakfast full of “superfoods.” I serve this healthy breakfast in individual portions, normally mason jars, and finish it with fruit, apple, strawberries, banana, mango, anything. All the toppings depend on the season we are at; if it is berry season, I go with berries. If it is winter, I go with diced apples, pecans or almonds (affiliate link) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
But this fruit combination of diced bananas, strawberries, and blueberries is one that I love the most with my oats. And if I feel it lacks flavor or the berries are not sweet enough, I add a little maple syrup to sweeten it or sprinkle some ground cinnamon.
🌱NOTE🌱 The main idea of this recipe is to have a super healthy breakfast ready to serve or to go. This mix of oats and seeds is one meal that you can take on your way out every morning. If you are gluten sensitive, please use gluten-free oats.
What type of oats is the best for this recipe?
Generally, in the supermarket, you will find three types of oats: instant oats, steel-cut oats, and rolled oats.
The difference between one and the other is that the instant oats are cut into small pieces so that it cooks faster; rolled oats take longer to cook.
The texture of cooked instant oats and rolled oats is different; the instant oatmeal is more like porridge, it is soft. The rolled oats are more full-bodied and firmer in texture. It also takes longer to cook.
Rolled oats are best for this overnight oats recipe.
Rolled oats recipes:
- Oatmeal and almond horchata
- Oat milk
- Oatmeal Cookies
Some Good things about overnight oats
- Some store-bought cereals are superly processed and full of sugar. If we make our seed-oat mix at home we control the sugar and gain tons of nutrients.
- We can adapt the taste to what we have in the pantry or fridge.
- We can use whole grain oats and make sure they are gluten-free if we need to.
- This recipe lasts a week in the fridge, so you prepare it once and eat a good healthy breakfast all week long.
- This is the perfect recipe for meal prep, prepare it on Sunday night to have a good breakfast full of good fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and all sort of goodiness for our body.
Ingredients for EASY OVERNIGHT OATS
This recipe for overnight has oats, chia, and flaxseeds, all superfoods for our body. Some of the health benefits of these superfoods have tons of nutritional powers, they help us control our cholesterol, are great with our digestive system, with our heart, and many more benefits.
This recipe also has dairy-free milk, you can use almond milk, rice milk, or even oat milk, and a sweetener of choice.
How to make easy overnight oats with chia and flaxseeds?
- Grab a big bowl and mix the rolled oats, the chia seeds, the flax seeds, your sweetener, and the liquid of choice, and stir until you see no clumps.
- Cover the bowl or dive the mixture into serveral jars and cover with a lid.
- Place in the refrigerator and let the magic of this basic overnight oats recipe begin.
- Finish your oats with bananas and berries and a good sprinkle of cinnamon or toppings of choice.
✎TIP, how to use recycled jars. When you finish a jar or storebought sauce, jelly or anything that comes in small jars, save the jar. And wash them throughly, and remove the label with hot water and a bit of soap. If you have an emply jar of peanut butter or almond butter prepare your overnight oats there. These jars are perfect for taking this ideal breakfast anywhere.
Creative ideas to finish the overnight oats
- You could add a good dollop of vegan greek yogurt and some chocolate chips and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup or agave syrup.
- Use nut butters and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and berries to finish it.
- Or cocunut milk with mangoes and kiwish to give it a tropical flavor profile.
- Nuts and dried fruit like cranberries.
- Apples and pears.
So here is the recipe for these easy overnight oats and I hope it works for you, and if you have any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear them. Write them in the comments section, and if you can, rate this recipe with five stars. Please share the recipe and blog on Instagram, Fb, or save it for later on Pinterest.
Easy overnight oats recipe
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground or whole flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or rice milk
- 4 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup of blueberries mango, strawberries or the fruit that you prefer
- sweetner of choice
- Mix the oatmeal, chia, and flaxseed with the cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour the milk and mix very well.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge. If you are making individual servings, divide the oats and seeds mixture into 4 jars, fill about 3/4 of the jar, cover with the lid.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours to overnight.
- The following day or before enjoying it, add the fruit and adjust the flavor.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Mouthwatering Vegan Lettuce Taco wraps - March 23, 2023
- Apple Reuben sandwich - March 23, 2023
- How to Make Your Own Delicious Basil Dressing for Salads - March 22, 2023