Someone was talking about an avocado and zucchini salad, and I never thought it would be good. But one of those days when you arm yourself with courage, I decided to try it, and I loved it. This salad is fresh; it is different, it is delicious, and super easy to make. When you try it, you will see why.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE AVOCADO AND zucchini SALAD
- Onion. The onion is chopped into small squares. As small as you can. You can substitute it for red onion, shallots, or scallions.
- White wine vinegar. The idea is to use mild vinegar; you can use champagne or apple cider vinegar .
- Zucchini cut into strips, noodles, or diced.
- Diced avocado
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, you can also use Kosher salt or Himalayan salt.
HOW TO MAKE RAW zucchini and avocado SALAD?
- The first thing is to cut the onion and put it in vinegar. The vinegar takes away the bite and spiciness of the onion but leaves it crisp and perfect.
- The second thing is to prepare the zucchini. There are three different ways to prepare it. The first is to use a spiralizer and make noodles. The second way to prepare it is by dicing the zucchini; you don’t need any special kitchen gadget or appliance. And the third way is to use a julienne cutter.
- The third thing to do is assemble the salad and cut the avocado. In a bowl, put the zucchini, and on top, add the diced avocado. Garnish with the dressing -pickled onion, a tablespoon of oil, and salt.
TIPS TO MAKE THE PERFECT PUMPKIN AND AVOCADO RECIPE
- Do NOT add salt; season the salad at the very end. When we work with zucchini or another vegetable with high water content, it is better to season at the end. The salt draws the moisture out of the ingredients.
- If you are taking this salad to a picnic or a friend’s house, put it together before you arrive.
- The same at home; prepare this raw zucchini recipe before eating it. You can have the onion already cut and the zucchini as well. But don’t put the salad together before you sit at the table.
IDEAS TO SERVE THE ZUCCHINI SALAD
- It is perfect if you serve it as a starter with some totopos ( air fried corn tortilla chips ).
- It can also be served as a side for a vegan burger.
- You can serve it on top of quinoa or brown rice.
- On top of some good toasted homemade bread, make it a loaded avocado toast.
Other recipes that you may like:
- Zucchini noodles with Pistachio Pesto
- Zucchini noodles with roasted cherry tomatoes
- Chocolate muffins with zucchini
- Zucchini Carpaccio
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Avocado and zucchini salad
- 2-3 tablespoons white onion minced
- 2-3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 zucchini diced or in noodles
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- Put the onion and vinegar in a bowl and wait for 10 min. Add the zucchini noodles and avocado and mix carefully.Drizzle with olive oil and finish with a pinch of salt.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.