This roasted brussels sprouts salad with sweet and spicy vinaigrette is perfect for Thanksgiving night or Christmas dinner. It is colorful and delicious, and it’s the perfect side dish; you can serve it warm or at room temperature.
About this recipe
Don’t you just love Brussels sprouts? I’m madly in love with them; I like them raw, steamed, and roasted… but this is probably my favorite recipe. I just love how the sweet and spicy vinaigrette pairs perfectly well with the slight bitterness of the Brussels sprouts.
Oven roast or pan-roast Brussels sprouts
Over the stove: You can roast the Brussels sprouts over the stove on a cast iron pan. With this method, you can control the roasting. I like them almost burnt! When you try them, you’ll see a delicious, almost sweet flavor as they roast.
Oven: Place the Brussels sprouts on a large baking pan. or baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and toss to coat well. Bake in the 400ºF preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and lightly browned.
Air fryer: Preheat the air fryer (affiliate link) to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to an air fryer (affiliate link) basket and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring once or twice, until sprouts are crispy and browned.
ingredients for the roasted Brussels sprouts salad
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pine nuts
- Agave dijon dressing. So delicious, sweet, and spicy dressing
Ingredients Agave dijon dressing
- Olive oil
- Agave syrup, you can substitute with vegan honey or maple syrup
- Vinegar: white wine vinegar or rice vinegar work well here
- Dijon mustard, I love a good spicy and strong dijon mustard; use your favorite.
How to make the Brussels sprouts salad
- Roast your Brussels sprouts
- In a bowl, mix all vinaigrette ingredients.
- When the sprouts are done, transfer them to a large platter, add the vinaigrette and finish with the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Tips for making the best salad
- It is best to use a platter, not a bowl, to serve this salad. If you want to use a bowl, wait until the Brussels sprouts are almost room temperature.
- Use almonds (affiliate link) or cashews (affiliate link) if you can’t find pinenuts.
- This recipe can easily be transformed into a complete lunch or dinner if you mix it with quinoa or rice. You could add some lentils to it, which will still be amazing!
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Roasted Brussels sprouts salad
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts cleaned and halved 900 g.
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 6 tablespoons of good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat add the two tablespoons of oil. When hot, add the Brussels sprouts and leave until browned. I like them to be almost burnt.
- In a bowl, meanwhile, the Brussel sprouts are roasting, mix all vinaigrette ingredients and test. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- When the sprouts are done, transfer to a large platter, add the vinaigrette and finish with the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023