Chia pudding is a highly healthy breakfast that takes only a few minutes. Try this healthy recipe to kick-start your day.
This coffee chocolate chia seed pudding or mocha-chia pudding will always be my favorite dessert/breakfast. Don’t you love when desserts are so healthy that you can eat them for breakfast?
About this recipe
I have served this vegan chia pudding in both ways, for breakfast, dessert, and even for a snack. I love chia pudding, and my children do too. I think it’s the perfect snack to have in the fridge. My kids eat it as an after-school snack, breakfast, or when they are starving.
Chia pudding is the perfect canvas to put fruit, granola, nuts seeds, and many other superfoods on top. Here are some tips and tricks for preparing your best vegan chia pudding.
- Almond milk, oat, or coconut milk
- Strong coffee or 1 tablespoon of instant espresso
- Cocoa powder (affiliate link)
- Maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
- Chia seeds
How to make the chia seed pudding
Add the plant-based milk, coffee, cocoa, and Maple syrup to the blender. Blend and test for sweetness; taste when it is still in the blender; adjust if necessary.
Add the chia to a bowl and pour the coffee-chocolate stir until there are no chia seed lumps into it. Mix and serve into individual containers or one large one. I use Mason or Weck jars. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours overnight, so the chia seeds hydrate.
Serve the coffee chocolate chia seed pudding with whipped coconut milk or vegan yogurt. Finish by sprinkling cocoa powder (affiliate link), cinnamon, or grated chocolate or a tablespoon of homemade almond butter or chocolate peanut butter.
NUTRITION facts about chia seeds
Chia seeds are a good source of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids and may provide various health benefits, including improving digestion and heart health.
They also reduce inflammation due to their high antioxidant content. Increased satiety and weight loss due to their high fiber and protein content.
However, it is essential to note that chia seeds should be consumed in moderation and should not be relied upon as the sole source of any nutrient. It is best to incorporate them into a balanced and varied diet.
Tips for the best coffee chocolate seed chia pudding
- If someone in your house doesn’t like the texture of chia, you can blend everything. Add the chia while you combine the milk, coffee, and maple syrup in the blender.
- You must leave this healthy pudding in the fridge for a minimum of three hours or overnight. The chia has to hydrate. Did you know that those little seeds can absorb almost 6 times their size in liquid?
Other recipes with chia seeds
- Berry Chia jam
- Chia waffles
- Chai-tea chia pudding
- Chia and vanilla pudding
- Chia pudding with cherries
- Chia seed limade
- Chia seed crackers
Many reasons inspired me to make this MOCHA-CHIA pudding, chocolate coffee chia seed pudding, but probably the most important is that I needed a healthy afternoon pick me up. A treat that will get me through the day without caffeine jitters or a sluggish feeling after eating it.
So here is the recipe for this MOCHA-CHIA PUDDING or chocolate coffee chia seed pudding, and I hope you love it.
Frequently asked questions
How to store chocolate coffee chia seed
Chia seed pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. Here are some tips on how to store it properly:
Use an airtight container: Place the chia seed pudding in an airtight container to prevent it from absorbing odors or moisture from other foods in the fridge.
Label the container: Label the container with the date you made the chia seed pudding to track how long it has been in the fridge.
Stir before storing: Before storing the chia seed pudding, give it a good stir to ensure that the chia seeds are evenly distributed throughout the pudding.
Keep it cold: Make sure to keep the chia seed pudding refrigerated at all times, as it can spoil quickly if left at room temperature.
Add toppings later: If you plan to add toppings such as fruit or nuts, it’s best to add them just before serving to prevent them from becoming soggy in the fridge.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Coffee And Chocolate Chia seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Healthy, Delicious)
- glass container
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup strong coffee or 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- whipped coconut cream
- cocoa powder
- Add the plant-based milk, coffee, cocoa, and Maple syrup to the blender. Blend and test for sweetness when it is still in the blender; adjust if necessary.
- Add the chia to a bowl and pour the coffee-chocolate mix into it. Mix and serve into individual containers or one large one. I use Mason or Weck jars. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours overnight, so the chia seeds hydrate.
- Serve the coffee chocolate chia seed pudding with whipped coconut milk or vegan yogurt. Finish by sprinkling cocoa powder, cinnamon, or grated chocolate.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023