Here is an easy and delicious recipe for vegan bean fajitas, which is also very healthy. You can serve them in a wrap, taco with flour tortillas, with lettuce as a salad, or as a Tex-Mex rice bowl. This recipe is so flavorful that it will draw a crowd to your table.
About this recipe
I immediately fell in love with the idea of this recipe as soon as it crossed my mind. I am particularly fond of anything that is homemade and has a Latin twist to it. That’s why I decided to combine onions, peppers, beans, and a homemade Latin seasoning mix to create a delicious and easy-to-make vegan bean fajitas dish.
Black bean vegan fajitas Ingredients
- Peppers and onions. You can use any color of bell pepper or onion.
- Beans. I prefer black beans for this recipe, but any bean will work. Use Kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, or a combination of the three beans.
- Latin spice seasoning mix. This seasoning is spicy, smokey and so good you will want to use it on everything. This mix has cayenne pepper (you could also use ground chile chipotle), cumin, salt, garlic powder, and dried oregano.
For this recipe, I used canned beans which made the preparation even easier. I always make sure to buy high-quality canned beans, such as those from Eden Foods. Although cooking your own legumes is always the best option, if you’re pressed for time, using canned beans is a convenient alternative.
How to make these vegan fajitas
Give this recipe a twist
- If you want your dish to have a meatier texture, consider adding portobello mushrooms.
- Serve with guacamole, fresh lime juice, cilantro, and dairy-free sour cream or Mexican crema.
- Roast veggies and beans together on a sheet pan for easy dinner prep.
Here are some tips for buying canned beans
- Always check the ingredients list of products you buy. Select items with familiar and easily pronounced ingredients.
- When you are shopping for canned food, make sure to check if the can is BPA-free.
- It is recommended to purchase beans that are labeled as organic.
- Look for vegan canned beans with no more than 2-3 ingredients.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Vegan bean fajitas
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1 orange pepper sliced
- ½ medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Latin seasoning mix * see notes
- 2 cans of beans black or kidney
- Flour tortillas
Latin spice seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large pan, heat the tablespoon of oil and add the peppers and onions. Cook until browned and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and Latin seasoning mix.
- Add the beans to the mixture and gently combine. Rinse and drain canned beans.
- Heat the flour tortillas and add the vegan bean fajitas to prepare the tacos. Serve them with avocado, cilantro, and Mexican spicy salsa.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.