If you’re looking for a delicious vegan breakfast option, a dragon fruit smoothie bowl is an excellent choice. In this post, I will show you how to prepare a vegan pitaya (dragon fruit) smoothie bowl, as well as the benefits it has for your body.
About pitaya, dragon fruit
Pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, is a tropical fruit that has a mild and sweet flavor. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber, making it a healthy choice for your diet.
Ingredients for the smoothie bowl
- Frozen pink dragon fruit
- Banana, frozen or fresh.
- For toppings: hemp seeds, granola, coconut chips, strawberries, blueberries, and nuts.
How to make the dragon fruit smoothie bowl?
Prepare it in different ways
- Change the fruits: In addition to pitaya and banana, you can include other frozen fruits, such as mango, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, or pineapple. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite flavors.
- Add greens: Add spinach, kale, frozen cauliflower, or frozen or fresh chard to increase the nutrient content in your smoothie bowl. Adding vegetables changes the color.
- Includes protein powder. Check labels to make sure they are vegan.
- Add healthy fats: Include a tablespoon of almond cream, a fistful of cashews , tahini, or avocado to add healthy fats and give it a creamier texture.
- Add superfoods: Such as chia seeds, flaxseed, spirulina, cacao powder, or maca powder, to boost the nutritional content of your smoothie bowl.
- Add yogurt
- Change the toppings: Experiment with different toppings, such as nuts, seeds, dried fruits, cacao nibs, chocolate chips, etc.
Other smoothie recipes you may like:
- Pink beet smoothie
- Strawberry and cauliflower smoothie
- My favorite smoothie, banana, and blueberries
- Kale and tangerine smoothie
- Carrot cake smoothie
- Acai and berries smoothie
- Tropical smoothie bowl
- Acai bowl
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Dragon Fruit SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1 blender or food processor
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pink dragon fruit also known as pitaya
- 1 fresh or frozen banana you can add more if you want a sweeter taste
- Toppings: fresh fruit granola,nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, etc.
- In a blender, combine the frozen pitaya, fresh or frozen plantain.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with your favorite toppings. Some ideas include fresh fruit (like strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, mango), granola, nuts, seeds (like chia, flaxseed, or pumpkin), or shredded coconut.
- Enjoy your pitaya smoothie bowl immediately to keep the texture creamy and fresh.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.