This tropical smoothie bowl is a SUPER BOWL; it is a smoothie bowl filled with delicious and nourishing SUPERFOODS.
Why is it a good idea to start eating smoothie bowls with superfoods?
- First, I don’t know if you’ve seen in magazines or elsewhere that smoothie bowls are super trendy.
- Second, I love them and find them a super option for the days I do not feel like having a smoothie or cooking in general. This tropical smoothie bowl is good and not only in flavor. It is very nutritious and full of superpowers.
- Third and most important. Smoothie bowls are a black canvas so we can add all the plant-based ingredients that we love. Or that we need to “hide” if we have picky eaters. They are a great way to introduce new flavors and ingredients to our diet.
Tropical smoothie bowl ingredients
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen pineapple chunks, you can use fresh pineapple to
- Papaya chunks
- Hemp seeds
- Goji berries
- Granola, you could also skip all the other seeds and only use granola
- Grated coconut
Here are other smoothie recipes and smoothie bowls that we love at home:
- Carrot cake-flavored Smoothie
- Crazy good acai bowl
- Smoothie, kale, and mandarin smoothie
- Here is the recipe for my vegan homemade granola to top any smoothie bowls
What are the most common superfoods? A food is considered superfood when their nutrient levels are super powerful when we find a high amount of nutrients packed in a bitty piece of them. The most common super-foods are cacao (not cocoa), chia seeds, chlorella, goji berries, hemp seeds, lucuma, maca, acai berries, and spirulina.
I also believe that many fruits and vegetables are superfoods. For example, papaya (affiliate link) and pineapple are wonderful and excellent food for athletes.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Tropical bowl for breakfast
- 2 bananas can be frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chunks may be frozen
- 1/2 cup papaya chunks
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1 tablespoon chia
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut
- Blend pineapple and bananas and serve in a bowl.
- Top with all the topping that you want or follow my recommendations.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What you need
- How to prepare a Paloma with Mezcal? - June 2, 2023
- Scrambled tofu and vegetable burritos - June 1, 2023
- Thai Green Curry with vegetables - June 1, 2023