This golden banana smoothie perfectly combines a banana smoothie and the famous golden milk. It is very easy to make, it always looks good, and you can even have it as a dessert, like a milkshake.
About this recipe
This smoothie is made with frozen bananas, which gives it a creamy, cold, and delicious consistency. It is sweetened with dates, and I put a good teaspoon of golden spice mix in it.
It is nutritious, delicious, and perfect as a dessert, breakfast, or afternoon snack.
If your household is not very used to the golden spice mix, start slowly until you are able to use one or half a teaspoon.
This recipe is also perfect for introducing this powerful blend to our diet.
Benefits of golden spice mix
Turmeric, the golden spice, is of great help in combating joint inflammation and arthritis, helps improve memory, reduces wrinkles, and combats depression, and diabetes, among many other benefits.
Cinnamon, for example, is wonderful for helping us to activate circulation and digestion. Cloves help us to relieve bruises, toothaches, digestion, and other things. Cardamom is anti-inflammatory and helps digestion and depression, among others.
How to make golden banana smoothie
To make the milkshake, put everything in the blender and blend until everything is well integrated. Taste before serving and adjust the flavor if necessary.
Tips to make a perfect smoothie
- Start by putting the liquid in the blender.
- If the dates are very hard, soak them in hot water for about 15 minutes before blending to soften them.
- It is best to use frozen plantains, but if you don’t have them, you can use unfrozen plantains.
- You can add frozen cauliflower, as I did in the strawberry smoothie, to make it creamier and more nutritious.
Other recipes you will love:
- Beet and blackberry smoothie
- Strawberry and cauliflower smoothie
- My favorite smoothie, with banana and blueberries
- Kale and Mandarin Smoothie
- Smoothie of acai and other berries
- Tropical Bowl
- Acai Bowl
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
This recipe first appeared in May 2016.
Golden banana smoothie
- 1 blender
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup almond coconut or cashews rice milk
- 1-2 dates
- 1/4 teaspoon golden spice mix you can add more
- To make the smoothie, put everything in the blender and blend until everything is well integrated.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023
- TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS (TIRAMISU OVERNIGHT OATS) - May 25, 2023