Madly in love with these vegan blueberry scones. These are one of my favorite treats and favorite things to prepare. This scone recipe is a foolproof one, and best of all, you only need ONE BOWL to prepare it.
What are scones?
There are two types of scones. Scones are more like a biscuit, and are not flavored, and most of the time are eaten with butter and jam. This type of scones, which we know as biscuits, are more close to the English kind of baked goods.
Also, this type of scone can have a glaze on top or a mixture of sugar and spices. This is the American scone, and I love it.
How to make vegan blueberry scones?
These blueberry scones don’t have oil or butter. I made them with full-fat canned coconut milk. This also makes them vegan and super easy to prepare.
There are different techniques to make them: grate butter or frozen margarine with a grater box and mix them with the powders. Then you add the rest of the ingredients. For me, the other easiest is to use canned coconut milk, which has a high-fat content, and you mix it.
✎TIP One of the keys to making scones with a crispy surface, soft on the inside is by keeping the dough cold. So it is important to use frozen fruit, in this case frozen blueberries.
Some notes about the ingredients:
- Flour. For these scones, I used organic wheat flour, unbleached and unenriched.
- Sugar. Use cane sugar. For bread and cake recipes, it is better not to change the type of sugar and use what the recipe calls for.
- Coconut milk. This recipe calls for full-fat canned coconut milk. It must be whole fat so that the scones remain with that flaky texture that characterizes them.
How to form the scones?
You can bake this recipe in individual blueberry scones or separate the dough into two discs and cut each into 8-slices.
✨✨ • GIVE IT A TWIST • ✨✨ • add cinnamon • add caramelized ginger in pieces • add grated lemon zest • finish them with vanilla icing
HOW TO SERVE THE SCONES?
This vegan blueberry scones recipe is sweet. It is perfect if you serve it with vanilla ice cream on top. So you can serve it as dessert. They are also incredible if you serve them on a dessert table or have them in the morning with coffee or tea.
Here are some other recipes for vegan baked goods that I think you will like:
- Cinnamon rolls
- Vanilla and chia pudding
- Olive oil and lemon loaf
- Vegan banana bread
- Vegan banana-baked doughnuts
- Peach and raspberry crumble
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, rice milk or almond, apple cider vinegar and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to powders. Mix well and give it time to integrate everything, you might want or need to use your hands.
- Add the blueberries, I use frozen and mix well.
- In a baking dish, prepared with baking paper, put the mixture divided into two parts. You’ll have a two disks about an inch thick each.
- Sprinkle the top with sugar and cut into eight pieces.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool a bit before testing.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.