This rainbow smoothie bowl recipe with all the rainbow colors is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. It’s a fun and colorful breakfast recipe.
Why would you love this
This is more than a smoothie recipe; it is an idea of including more fruits and superfoods in your and your kid’s diet. This idea works especially when they are young, and color and shape are important for them. With breakfasts like this, with all the rainbow colors, we can teach our children that eating healthy is fun and delicious.
smoothie bowl ingredients
- Bananas. It is better to use frozen bananas because there is a texture like ice cream when you beat them.
- Dates. Using pitted dates is totally optional. It is good to use them to sweeten the base. Maybe at first, you use them, and little by little, you are taking them off.
- Milk. Use the vegetable milk that you like the most; I use oat milk or almond milk.
🔥Other ideas🔥 The base for this smoothie bowl recipe is very simple and has a neutral color. But if you want to make it with other fruits and have different colors, here are other ideas: - Purple smoothie bowl : Acai smoothie bowl -Pink smoothie bowl: banana and strawberry -Orange smoothie bowl : tropical smoothie bowl
The incredible thing is that the more colorful your diet is, the more varied it is, and that is always good. Why? Because the food that has the most color always comes from the earth, that is, fruits, vegetables, grains, and spices. It is also beneficial because the more color, the greater the concentration of nutrients you are consuming.
Fruits with the color of the rainbow
- Red: strawberries, raspberries, pitaya, cherries
- Orange: apricots, peaches, nectarines, melon, tangerine, oranges, papaya (affiliate link)
- Yellow: mango, banana, pineapple
- Green: green grapes, green apple, kiwi
- Blue: blueberries, blueberries
- Black: blackberries, currants, grapes, plums, cherries
💡 TIP When you are making the smoothie bowl, choose fruits that combine in flavor but that also have a balance in the amount of sugar. Although making this smoothie bowl is a lot of fun, it also has to be nutritious. For example, if you put mango that is very sweet, add more strawberries and blackberries.
Other recipes that you may love:
So here is the rainbow smoothie bowl recipe and I hope you like it as much as I do. Please take a picture of your smoothie bowl when you make it and share it on Instgram or Fb. If you are making this later shave it on Pinterest.
It would also be fantastic and super helpful if you leave a comment and/or rating of this recipe in the comment section. Please feel free to write suggestions, ideas, or how it went when you made the recipe.
Rainbow Smoothie Bowl
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pitted dates * OPTIONAL
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 2 apricots seedless, diced
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 cup of green grapes
- ½ cup blueberries blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- In a blender, mix the frozen bananas with the dates if you are going to use, the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Divide the mixture among four bowls.
- Cover each bowl with the fruit following the colors of the rainbow.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe appeared first July 2016.
What you need
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023