We Mexicans use mango for everything!! We love it as a salad, as a ceviche, for paletas, in our guacamole, and of course, in agua fresca. Here is the recipe for mango agua fresca, a refreshing, vibrant, and fun drink.
What is agua fresca?
They are colorful, refreshing, easy to make, and very popular; I’m sure you will love this recipe.
Ingredients for the agua de mango
- Mangoes, any ripe mango, will work here. I like to use Mexican mangoes like Ataulfo or Tommy.
- Sugar cane sugar is best here, but you could also use monk fruit or coconut sugar.
How to make agua de mango?
To make mango agua fresca, you need to cut the mangos, scoop the flesh out, place it in the blender, and then add sugar and water. Blend until smooth.
Taste while it is still in the blender; adjust if necessary. When the flavor is delicious, pour the agua fresca into a pitcher, and add more water or ice if needed.
💡Best way to cut a mango 1. Place the mango on a cutting board with the thick part looking up. Then slice each side about a ¼ inch from the center. 2. You will have two "cheeks" and from here you could either scoop the pulp out with a tablespoon or make cross wide cuts into the flesh being careful not to touch the skin. After you do the cuts both ways you can invert the cheek and cut the segments out.
Tips and Tricks
- Use only ripe mangoes to make this refreshing drink.
- If the mango flesh has a lot of fiber, strain it using a fine mesh strainer.
- You can double the recipe and make paletas.
- Use frozen mangos if you need to. I like to keep a bag in my freezer!
- Combine mango types; it will still be delicious.
- If your agua de mango is a little thick, fill a pitcher with ice and then pour the agua de mango, this will loosen it up and give you a very refreshing drink.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight pitcher, lasting up to 3 days.
Give this recipe a twist
- Make mango lime agua fresca; squeeze a couple of limes into the blender. Lime juice is a great addition to make it fresh and delicious.
- Serve it with fresh mint sprigs.
- Mix it with chamoy to make an easy mangonada
- Mix with your favorite tequila or rum.
Other recipes that you may like:
- Cucumber agua fresca
- Jugo verde, tasty green juice
- Melon agua fresca
- Hibiscus and strawberry paletas
- Hibiscus sangria
- Summer sangria
- Watermelon margarita
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Mango agua fresca, Mexican mango drink
- 2 mangoes about 2 1/2 cups of pulp
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 5-8 cups water
- Blend the mango with three or four cups of water, depending on your blender.Blend until smooth, test for sweetness and adjust if needed.Pour into the pticher and slowly add the rest of the fresh water. Taste half way and add more water if needed.
- Strain if needed
- Use sweetner of your choice
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.