Mango and strawberry paletas or ice pops are refreshing for any season. Here’s the recipe for making your own healthy frozen fruit popsicles. Learn how to make your paletas here.
About this recipe
What makes a mango strawberry paleta so unique? First and foremost, they are naturally sweet and guilt-free. Made from natural fruit with no added sugars or artificial flavoring, they provide a nutritious and tasty snack on hot summer days. And the blend of juicy mango and sweet strawberry is simply irresistible!
But that’s not all. There are numerous other reasons why mango strawberry paletas are the perfect summer treat. From their cultural significance to their versatility in recipes, this type of ice pop has become increasingly popular in recent years. So, if you’re looking for something fun and unique to indulge in this summer, why not try mango strawberry paletas?
What are paletas?
Paletas are a Mexican frozen treat made with fresh and natural fruits or creamy and rich ingredients like chocolate (chocolate paletas) or coconut milk. The translation of paletas in English would be ice pops; even though it is not the same, it is close enough.
2 Ingredient paletas
Only two ingredients: very ripe mangos and five strawberries. I don’t use sugar, but if you want, you can add a bit to them. Mangos are so sweet that you barely need sugar to make the paletas.
When is mango season? Mangoes are in season through May to September, but you can find imported or frozen mangoes all-year long.
How do you make paletas (mango with strawberries)?
The key to making the best mango paletas is to blend two ripe medium mangoes with water until you have a loose purée. Taste and add sugar if needed, a tablespoon at a time.
Pour the mango puree into the ice pop mold, put some strawberry slices into each paleta (popsicle mold), place the popsicle sticks or wooden sticks, and freeze overnight.
Tips for making the best Mexican paletas
- Check on the quality of your ingredients. Always use fresh, ripe, and delicious fruit. Taste before freezing.
- But if you are in a hurry, you can always use frozen mangoes.
- Add lime juice to the mix to brighten the mango flavor. This makes them extra delicious.
- If you want to twist these strawberry mango paletas, sprinkle them with a bit of chili powder, like Tajin, or drizzle them with homemade chamoy.
- If you are serving these to adults, serve them with a glass of white wine or tequila for dipping.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Mango and strawberry paletas (ice-pops)
- 1 ice pop mold
- 12 wooden sticks
- 2 mangoes, peeled, and diced (about 2 pounds)
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons of sugar optional
- Blend the mangoes, cup water and sugar, if you're using.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Pour the mango mixture into a mold of ice popsicles and add a few sliced strawberries.
- Freeze overnight.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.