Do you want a cool and refreshing treat to beat the heat? These vegan creamy chocolate ice pops are perfect for summer! They’re made with coconut milk, raw cacao powder, vanilla extract, and maple syrup or sugar. They are perfect during the summer or the days you have a chocolate craving.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE vegan CHOCOLATE Ice pops
- Sugar, for this recipe you can use coconut sugar, cane sugar or any other sweetener that you prefer.
- Cocoa, use a good cocoa, one with no added sugar. As I always tell you, in other recipes that call for cocoa powder (affiliate link), the powder mix to make hot chocolate does not work.
- Whole coconut milk, it is important to use full fat and at room temperature.
- Corn starch or tapioca, either works well. Use the one you have at home. It is good to add it because it helps the vegan chocolate ice-pop set better.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CHOCOLATE ice pops?
It really is as easy as putting everything in the blender. You have to add all the ingredients at room temperature with water and start blending. When everything is well integrated, empty the mix into the ice pop molds. Put it in the freezer for about 4 hours or overnight, and that’s it. You have the easiest and most delicious vegan chocolate ice popsicles that you can imagine.
🔥IMPORTANT🔥 It is important that you use the water to blend the ingredients at room temperature. When we use coconut milk or coconut oil and mix it with cold water or iced water, the fat from the coconut oil or coconut milk solidifies. When the fat solidifies, small balls of oil are formed, which do not taste bad, but they change the entire texture of our dish. In this case the ice-pops.
TIPS AND IDEAS TO MAKE this vegan treat perfect
- This recipe makes 10 or so large ice popsicle. If you need to make more, it is very easy to double the recipe.
- If you don’t have ice pops molds, use small paper cups. This way of making popsicles is very good when you mak a lot and you are going to leave them in the freezer for a long time. What I do is I put the cups on a baking sheet until they freeze completely. When they are frozen, I put them in a large freezer bag. So we always have paletas ready to eat.
- You can also make them without a mold and cut into squares when they are frozen.
- These popsicles melt very easy, so if you take them out of the freezer, eat them right away.
FUN WAYS TO FINISH the vegan chocolate ice- pops
- Put walnuts in the ice-pop molds and then pour the mixture over. You’ll have the perfect combination of chocolate and nuts. Cruchy, creamy and extra flavorful.
- Dip them in melteld chocolate to form a hard shell, then topp them with dried fruit, sprinkles or roated peanuts.
- Put grated coconut in the bottom of the popsicle mold or cup, so when you take them out the entire top of the popsicle has delicious coconut flavor.
- You can do the same with chocolate chips. If you want to make a more “healthy” treat, use cocoa nibs in there.
- Another good idea is to finish them with homemade granola. When you pour the mixture into the molds, leave a space to add a bit of granola.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for these vegan and creamy chocolate ice pops and perfect for any hot summer day. When you make them take a photo and share it on Instagram or FB. If you are going to make them later, save them on Pinterest. It would also be amazing if you tell me your ideas or comments in the section below. Don’t forget to give it 5 stars.
Creamy Vegan Chocolate Popsicles
- Popsicle mold
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 can can of whole coconut milk 400 ml full fat
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch or tapioca
- Put all the ingredients in the blender with water at room temperature and blend. When everything is well integrated, this mixture is emptied into palette molds. Put it in the freezer for about 4 hours or overnight and that’s it.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Kit for ice pops / Kit para hacer paletasBuy Now →
Ice pop molds / Moldes de paletasBuy Now →
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023