Are you searching for a tasty and nutritious recipe that lets you savor the flavors guilt-free? Look no further than this fantastic cauliflower soup that will make you forget about bland and unappetizing soups. This soup is not only creamy and delicious but also incredibly easy to make.
About this recipe
Cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable loaded with nutrients and health benefits, becomes the star of this recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and a couple of easy steps, you can create a cauliflower cream so delicious you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it before.
Whether you follow a plant-based diet, are looking for healthier options, or want to experiment with new flavors, this recipe will suit your needs perfectly. Get ready to discover how to make the most of cauliflower‘s versatility in this incredible cauliflower soup.
The health benefits of cauliflower
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is packed with nutrients and health benefits. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, and dietary fiber. It also contains antioxidant compounds and phytochemicals that can help prevent chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
In addition, cauliflower is low in calories and carbohydrates, making it an ideal choice for those following a low-carbohydrate diet or looking to lose weight. It is also rich in water, which helps keep us hydrated and satisfied.
Another important benefit of cauliflower is its ability to promote digestive health. The fiber present in this vegetable helps regulate intestinal transit and prevent problems such as constipation. It can also help maintain a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut, which has a positive impact on our overall health.
Ingredients needed for the cauliflower cream
To prepare this delicious cauliflower cream, you will need the following ingredients:
- A large head of cauliflower
- One medium onion chopped in large pieces
- Minced garlic
- Vegetable broth
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme
- Bread for croutons
Simple steps to prepare cream of cauliflower soup
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to get to work and prepare this delicious cauliflower cream. Follow these simple steps:
Add the cauliflower chunks and vegetable stock to the pot and the sprig of thyme. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Add the mustard and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove the pot from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly. Then, use a blender or hand blender to puree the ingredients to a smooth, creamy consistency. Remove the thyme sprig before blending.
Return the cream to the pot and reheat it before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste, a drizzle of olive oil and the croutons with thyme and Dijon.
How to make croutons with dijon and thyme?
- Prepare the bread: Cut the bread into cubes of the size you prefer. More miniature croutons are perfect for soups, while larger ones are great for salads.
- Mix: In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes with olive oil, salt, mustard, dijon and fresh thyme.
- Baking: Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Spread the bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not crowded so that they brown evenly.
Tips to customize your cauliflower cream
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can customize it according to your tastes and preferences. Here are some tips to give a special touch to your cauliflower cream:
- Add spices such as turmeric, cumin or paprika for more flavor.
- Try different types of vegetable broth to vary the flavor.
- Add a little milk or vegetable cream for an even creamier texture.
- Garnish the cream with fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro or chives before serving.
Suggested side dishes to enjoy with your cauliflower soup
If you want to enjoy your cauliflower cream to the fullest, here are some delicious suggestions to accompany it:
- Homemade croutons: you can use the recipe I posted here or the recipe for regular croutons. Sprinkle the croutons over the cream for an extra touch of texture.
- Grated cheese: add some grated cheese, such as cheddar or parmesan cheese, to the cream before serving. The cheese will melt and give it a delicious flavor.
- Roasted chickpeas: You can use my chipotle roasted chickpeas recipe or they can even be store-bought with just salt and pepper.
Frequently asked questions about cauliflower cream
Other recipes with cauliflower that you will love:
- Cauliflower fried rice
- Cauliflower Puree
- Cauliflower salad
- Crispy cauliflower tacos
- Roasted cauliflower tacos
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
- Soup pot
Croutons with Dijon mustard and thyme
- 2 1/2 cups cubed baguette bread
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt half a teaspoon if table or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 sprig thyme
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook until golden.
- Add the cauliflower pieces and vegetable broth to the pot along with the thyme sprig. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Add the mustard and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the mixture cool slightly. Then, use a blender or hand mixer to puree the ingredients until smooth and creamy. Remove the thyme sprig before blending.
- Return the cream to the pot and heat it again before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste, a splash of olive oil and the croutons with thyme and Dijon.
Croutons with Dijon and thyme
- Prepare the bread: Cut the bread into cubes of the size you prefer. Smaller croutons are perfect for soups, while larger ones are great for salads.
- Mix: In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with olive oil, salt, Dijon mustard, and fresh thyme.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Spread the bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not crowded so they brown evenly.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.