Zucchini and basil cream is a delicious vegan recipe perfect for enjoying any time of the year. With its creamy texture and the fresh flavor of basil, this recipe will become one of your favorites.
About this Recipe
Zucchini and basil cream soup is a delicious soup that combines the smooth and creamy flavor of zucchini with the fresh and invigorating aroma of basil. It is a perfect choice to enjoy at any time of the year, whether as an appetizer or a main course.
In addition, it is very easy to prepare, so you can enjoy all its flavor in just a few steps. Don’t miss out on this exquisite combination of flavors in a nutritious and comforting cream!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE ZUCCHINI SOUP
- Olvie oil
- Garlic and onion
- Red chili flakes
- Vegetable broth
How to make zucchini soup from scratch?
In a large pot with a lid put the olive oil and chopped onions. Leave it for about five minutes and add the garlic. When you start to smell the garlic, about three minutes, add four zucchinis cut in large pieces, the teaspoon of salt and dried chili.
Add the 5 cups of water and cover. Leave for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is fully cooked. Add the basil and the lemon juice.
Blend with a food processor or in the blender. Cut in rounds the remaining zucchini and put it in the soup just before serving. Serve with chopped basil leaves, basil flowers and a drizzle of olive oil.
Zucchini health benefits
Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a popular summer squash that offers a range of health benefits due to its nutritional content. Here are some of the benefits of eating zucchini:
- Low in Calories: Zucchini is low in calories, making it ideal for those looking to manage their weight.
- Rich in Nutrients: Zucchini is a good source of several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin B6, riboflavin, folate, potassium, and manganese.
- High Water Content: Approximately 95% of zucchini is water, which can help with hydration and promote a feeling of fullness.
- Digestive Health: The fiber in zucchini aids digestion and can help prevent constipation.
- Heart Health: The potassium and fiber in zucchini are beneficial for heart health. Potassium can help regulate blood pressure, and dietary fiber can lower cholesterol levels.
- Antioxidant Benefits: Zucchini contains antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin, and beta-carotene, which combat oxidative stress and help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: The fiber in zucchini can help stabilize blood sugar levels, potentially reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Eye Health: Lutein and zeaxanthin, found in zucchini, are known to improve eye health and reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Bone Health: Zucchini contains vitamin K and magnesium, both of which are essential for maintaining healthy bones.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Certain compounds in zucchini have anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit those with inflammatory conditions.
- Versatility in Cooking: Beyond its health benefits, zucchini is extremely versatile in the kitchen. It can be roasted, sautéed, grilled, spiralized into “noodles”, or even used in baked goods like zucchini bread or muffins.
Including zucchini in a balanced diet can help individuals take advantage of its various health benefits. As always, it’s best to consume zucchini as part of a diverse and balanced diet for optimal health benefits.
Other zucchini recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
ZUCCHINI AND BASIL SOUP
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 medium onion in large pieces
- 4 +1 zucchini 4 for the soup, 1 for serving
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chile
- 5 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of basil
- 1 / 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- chopped basil leaves
- basil flowers
- olive oil
- In a large pot with a lid put the olive oil and chopped onions.
- Leave it for about five minutes and add the garlic. When you start to smell the garlic, about three minutes, add four zucchinis cut in large pieces, the teaspoon of salt and dried chili. Add the 5 cups of water and cover. Leave for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is fully cooked. Add the basil and the lemon juice.
- Blend with a food processor or in the blender.
- Try and adjust the flavor if necessary.
- Cut in rounds the remaining zucchini and put it in the soup just before serving. Serve with chopped basil leaves, basil flowers and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.