Looking for a plant-based twist on taco night? These chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos are a flavor explosion! The smoky and spicy roasted cauliflower pairs perfectly with spicy and tangy slaw, all wrapped up in a warm corn tortilla.
Easy to make and packed with nutritional benefits, these tacos are perfect for a meatless meal that will satisfy your taste buds and leave you feeling satisfied. Get ready to elevate your taco game with these delicious and healthy chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos!
WHY ARE YOU GOING TO LIKE THESE CAULIFLOWER TACOS?
What could be more delicious than tacos? I could eat these vegan cauliflower tacos daily and at all hours. These tacos are also super easy to make, and you hardly mess up the kitchen making them.
And if in your household, your people are still not huge fans of cauliflower and raw veggies, this is a great recipe to make them love it. The salad adds a great crunch to the tacos and is creamy, spicy, and delicious.
Best of all, if you have leftovers, you can e at them over rice, salad, or sandwiches.
Roasted CAULIFLOWER ingredients
- Cauliflower head. Look for a heavy cauliflower head, the florets are white, and the leaves are green. Break it into pieces.
- Oil. Use oil with a neutral flavor; it can be avocado or safflower. It is best if the vegetable oil you choose is a single ingredient and not mixed.
- Lemon juice, for this recipe, limes work better, but if you can’t get it, a good lemon also works.
- Chipotle chili powder, you can substitute with chipotles in adobo or blend a dry chile Chipotle until it becomes a powder. If you can’t find ground chipotles, use any chili powder you have.
- Garlic powder, garlic powder is not the same as garlic salt. In this recipe, I like to use garlic powder, which is dehydrated garlic, so that the garlic does not burn in the oven.
FOR THE creamy spicy slaw
- Carrot. The carrot can be julienned, grated, or chopped as small as possible.
- Red cabbage. Like the carrots, you can put them in the food processor (affiliate link) (affiliate link) or slice them super thin with a sharp knife.
- Vegan mayonnaise, homemade or purchased.
- Chipotle, ground chili chipotle
- Lime or lemon juice
TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS
- Corn tortillas. Look for corn tortillas that are 100% corn. You could also substitute them with tostadas or flour tortillas.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER TACOS?
- Prepare. First, preheat the oven and make the dressing by coating the cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Cut. Chop the cauliflower into large chunks. You can also roast the cauliflower leaves and the stem. Now if you want, you can save the stem to make a cauliflower soup.
- Roast. Put the cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Put the large pieces on the edges and try not to overlap. It is better that you arrange them so that they do not burn. Put the cauliflower in the oven and check after about 10 minutes; turn the trays around if necessary.
- Grate. Meanwhile, the cauliflower is roasting, grate the carrots and cabbage in the food processor (affiliate link) (affiliate link) or by hand, do it as you prefer. Separately mix the ingredients for the Chipotle mayonnaise for the salad. When ready, mix with the grated vegetables. TIP: Use the same bowl that you used to prepare the cauliflower.
- Serve. To serve, top a hot corn tortilla with roasted cauliflower and top with salad.
HOW TO SERVE THE TACOS?
You can serve these tacos with some refried beans on the side, brown rice, or quinoa. Prepare hibiscus water or horchata to take with these tacos. If you need more flavor, you can serve them with salsa verde or Mexican pickled red onion.
WHAT DO THESE TACOS TASTE like?
I love any roasted vegetable and more if it has Chipotle’s spicy and smoky touch. These tacos are more or less my version of the typical fish tacos.
The roasted cauliflower replaced the fried fish and was topped with red cabbage and shredded carrot salad with Chipotle and lemon mayonnaise. You have a delicious taco, a total flavor, and nutritious. Eating raw vegetables daily is super important, and this is a fun way to eat them.
HOW TO store THEM?
The best way to store cauliflower tacos is to store each component separately—the roasted cauliflower in one container and the crunchy salad separately. You can reheat the cauliflower without any problem in a skillet or griddle (affiliate link).
It is best to heat it on the stove to make it crisp again. If you have leftover salad, save it, it tastes super tasty on its own and is still good the next day, but it will be a little less crunchy.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the salad:
- 4 large carrots julienned or grated
- 1/4 red cabbage sliced
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- corn tortillas to make the tacos
- cilantro* optional
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl mix oil, lemon juice, chipotle pepper, salt, and garlic powder. When everything is mixed add it to the chopped cauliflower. Be sure all of the pieces are well covered.
- Put cauliflower on a tray with parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 min. Check it in halfway through and rotate the tray.
- To prepare the crunchy slaw mix the mayo, chili powder, lemon juice, and salt. Add this dressing to the sliced red cabbage and grated carrots. Mix well and check for seasoning.
- To serve, put roasted cauliflower on top of a hot corn tortilla and top with the salad.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What you need
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
You know how much I love chipotle! So I could have the coliflor by itself!
I already know that I’m having more than one taco! hahaha
Chipotle chili powder makes everything better in my opinion! These tacos looks so, so good!
The video is so great, Delicious tacos and so coloful!!