Looking for a delicious and healthy twist on classic tacos? These roasted cauliflower tacos are sure to become a new favorite!
This vegan taco recipe is one of those recipes that always saves you when you don’t know what to eat when a vegetarian or vegan guest comes to your house or because you want to eat delicious and light.
Why should you like these cauliflower tacos?
What could be more delicious than tacos? And now imagine tacos full of flavor, crunchy texture, delicious, and super nutritious. I could really eat these cauliflower tacos every day and every time. These tacos are also super easy to make, and you hardly make a mess in the kitchen.
Ingredients for roasted cauliflower tacos
- Cauliflower head. Look for a head of cauliflower that is heavy, with white florets and green leaves. Cut it into pieces.
- Oil. Use a neutral flavored oil, either avocado or sunflower oil. It is better if the vegetable oil is from a single ingredient, not combined.
- Lemon juice for this recipe is best with green lemon, but if you can’t get it, yellow lemon also works.
- Chipotle chili powder can be substituted with chipotle in adobo or any other chili spice blend.
- Garlic powder: garlic powder is not the same as garlic salt. I like to use garlic powder in this recipe so that the garlic does not burn in the oven.
FOR THE SALAD
- Carrot. The carrot can be julienned, grated, or chopped as small as possible.
- Red cabbage. Use the food processor or thinly slice it with a sharp knife.
- Vegan mayonnaise, homemade or purchased.
- Chipotle chili powder
- Lemon juice
For the tacos
- Corn tortillas. Look for corn tortillas that are 100% corn. You could also substitute them with tostadas or flour tortillas or make your own with masa harina.
- Cilantro to finish
How to make roasted cauliflower tacos?
- First, preheat the oven and make the dressing on top of the cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces. The cauliflower leaves can also be roasted, and the heart can also be roasted.
- Place the cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper . Place the large pieces on the edges and try not to overlap them. It is better to arrange them so they do not burn a few pieces. Put the cauliflower in the oven and check after about 10 minutes, turning the sheets if its necessary.
Prepare the salad
- Meanwhile, grate the carrots and cabbage in a food processor or by hand, as you prefer. Separately mix the ingredients for the chipotle mayonnaise for the salad. When ready, mix with the grated vegetables. TIP: Use the same bowl you used to prepare the cauliflower.
- To serve, place roasted cauliflower on top of a warm corn tortilla and top with the salad.
How to serve tacos?
These tacos can be served with refried beans on the side, brown rice, or quinoa. Prepare a Jamaica water or horchata to drink with these tacos. If you need more flavor, you can serve them with salsa verde or pickled red onions.
What do these tacos taste like?
I love any roasted vegetable and even more if it has the spicy and smoky touch of chipotle. These tacos are my version of the typical fish tacos.
How to store them?
The best way to store cauliflower tacos is to store the ingredients separately. Roasted cauliflower in one bowl, crispy salad in another. Cauliflower can be reheated without any problem in a frying pan or skillet.
It is best to heat it on the stove to crisp it up again. If you have leftover salad, it’s okay to save it. It tastes great on its own and is still good the next day, but it will be a little less crunchy.
Other recipes you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Chipotle roasted cauliflower tacos
For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the salad:
- 4 large carrots julienned or grated
- 1/4 red cabbage sliced
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- corn tortillas to make the tacos
- cilantro* optional
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl mix oil, lemon juice, chipotle pepper, salt, and garlic powder. When everything is mixed add it to the chopped cauliflower. Be sure all of the pieces are well covered.
- Put cauliflower on a tray with parchment paper.
- Put it in the oven for about 20 min. Check it in halfway through and rotate the tray.
- To prepare the crunchy slaw mix the mayo, chili powder, lemon juice, and salt. Add this dressing to the sliced red cabbage and grated carrots. Mix well and check for seasoning.
- To serve, put roasted cauliflower on top of a hot corn tortilla and top with the salad.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe first appeared in Piloncillo&Vainilla in 2015.