Have you ever woken up in the morning with no time to make a decent breakfast? Here’s the solution for those hectic days: overnight oats.
And this is no ordinary oatmeal; this oatmeal has an Italian touch; this is a tiramisu oatmeal.
What is Tiramisu?
Tiramisu is a delicious Italian dessert with coffee, mascarpone cheese, lady fingers, or cake bread and cocoa. It is truly a dream come true for all chocolate and coffee lovers.
Ingredients for Tiramisu Flavored Oatmeal
- Oats and chia seeds
- Almond milk (or any vegetable milk you like).
- Vanilla extract.
- Strong or espresso coffee
- Maple syrup or your favorite sweetener to taste.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (affiliate link) and dark chocolate to finish.
- Vegan yogurt for creaminess.
How to make tiramisu oatmeal?
- In a medium jar or bowl, combine oats, chia and mix well. Add milk, coffee, and vanilla. Sweeten to taste with maple syrup or your favorite sweetener, and mix all ingredients well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, your oatmeal will be ready to enjoy. Finish with a spoonful of vegan yogurt, sprinkle with cocoa, and grate dark chocolate on top.
Tips and tricks
The jar. Jars are a popular choice for making overnight oats because they are easy to carry, seal well, and keep the oats fresh. But the truth is that any container with a lid will do.
Choose the suitable oatmeal: Flaked oats are best for overnight soaking because they soften very well. Avoid using steel-cut or instant oats, as they can be too soft or mushy.
Add your favorite: The fantastic thing about overnight oatmeal is that you can customize it to your liking. You can add fruits, such as bananas, nuts, seeds, spices, protein powder, or whatever you like.
Liquid/oatmeal ratio: Use my recipe as a guide and try little by little how to make the oatmeal to your liking. If you like a thicker consistency, you can reduce the liquid slightly. If you prefer a more liquid texture, add a little more.
Soaking time: For the best texture, soak your oatmeal for at least 4-5 hours. However, leaving it overnight is the most convenient and produces excellent results, so you always have breakfast ready.
Don’t forget to mix: Before you put your oatmeal in the refrigerator for the night, be sure to mix all the ingredients well. This will help the flavors to meld and distribute evenly.
Finish in the morning: It is best to put the yogurt and if you are going to use fresh fruit or nuts in the morning so that the flavors are fresh and delicious.
Other breakfasts you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
OVERNIGHT TIRAMISU OATS
- 1 Jar with lid
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ coffee
- ½ milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Finish with vegan vanilla or neutral-flavored yogurt, cocoa powder, and grated chocolate.
However, remember to top off your oats with fresh fruit or nuts just before eating to maintain the best texture and flavor.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Celery Juice: Discover its Properties and Benefits - May 29, 2023
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023