If Trader Joe’s is out of reach, or if you’re just a fan of homemade dressings, making your spicy cashew dressing is easier than you might think. Start with a base of raw cashews , sriracha for heat, a squeeze of lime for tanginess, maple syrup for sweetness, and some soy sauce for that savory umami punch.
About Trader Joe´s
Trader Joe’s is a beloved American grocery store known for its eclectic range of products, many of which have a cult following. It’s not just a grocery store; it’s a lifestyle, with each product chosen with care and a keen sense of what their customers might enjoy.
One such product that has been gaining popularity is Trader Joe’s Spicy Cashew Butter Dressing. This versatile, flavorsome, and nutty dressing has captured many’s hearts (and taste buds), turning even the simplest salads into gourmet meals.
About spicy cashew dressing
Spicy Cashew Dressing is an addictive mix of flavors – spicy, nutty, creamy, and a touch sweet. The fiery warmth of the spices combined with the rich, buttery flavor of cashews creates a balanced, flavorful dressing ideal for a wide array of dishes.
Whether you’re drizzling it over a fresh salad, using it as a dip for crunchy veggies, or marinating your favorite protein, this dressing brings a new level of deliciousness to your meals.
Ingredients for the spicy cashew dressing
- Cashews, use unsalted and raw cashews. You can also buy cashew pieces that are cheaper and easier to blend if you do not have a high-speed blender soak the cashews for 20 minutes before.
- Soy sauce, substitute with coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- Maple syrup you could use agave or brown sugar as a substitute
- Lime juice, if you want the creamy dressing a bit tangier, use the lime zest as well
- Sriracha, homemade, store-bought, or substituted with sambal olek
- Ginger, there is no need to peel the ginger. You need to wash it thoroughly.
How to make the creamy dressing
Blend everything but the cilantro with water until you have a smooth and creamy dressing. Add the chopped cilantro and mix.
Adjust the flavors as you like; voila, you have your homemade Spicy Cashew Dressing ready to elevate your meals!
How to use the spicy cashew dressing
Given its versatility, Trader Joe’s Spicy Cashew Dressing can easily be used in a variety of dishes. For instance, you can toss it in an Asian-inspired salad loaded with crunchy veggies, grilled tofu , mandarin oranges, and crispy wonton strips for the perfect lunch. It’s also excellent as a spicy dip for appetizers.
Use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or to dress crunchy vegetable noodles. I love it over white rice or sliced red cabbage. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. This sauce is also perfect if you do meal planning.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Spicy Cashew Dressing
- ⅔ cup cashews raw
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ⅔ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Blend everything but the cilantro with a bit of water until you have a smooth and creamy dressing. Add the chopped cilantro and mix.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.