This homemade Italian salad is the perfect crunchy side dish for a pasta dish or when you have a dinner party at home. If you’ve ever tried the typical Olive Garden salad, you’re going to love this salad.
About this recipe
This Italian salad recipe is the improved version of any Italian restaurant salad you’ve tried before (think Olive Garden). This salad is vegan and made with fresh and clean ingredients.
This salad combines fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion, black olives and pepperoncini, salami, and vegan parmesan cheese, all tossed in a homemade Italian dressing.
Ingredients for Italian salad
- Romaine lettuce, use whatever lettuce you like, but I love the crunchiness of this lettuce.
- Cherry tomatoes You can substitute them with tomato slices or chopped tomatoes.
- Thinly sliced red onion. If you want to remove the sharp bite from the onion, soak it in cold water for about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Black olives use pitted olives, the ones you like best.
- Pepperoncini, you can use sliced or whole.
- Salami and vegan cheese this is 100% optional.
- Italian dressing
Add ons, other ingredients
How to make Italian salad
Tips to make the best salad
Choose fresh ingredients – The key to a great Italian salad is to use fresh ingredients. Choose fresh, crisp leafy greens, ripe, juicy tomatoes, and other vegetables that are in season.
Use high-quality olive oil – Italian salads often rely on a simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
Choose the right vinegar – The vinegar you choose can also significantly affect the salad’s flavor.
Add some protein – Italian salads often include some protein, such as grilled tofu .
Add some crunch – Texture is also essential in a great salad.
Other salad recipes you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Everyday Italian Dressing
- 1 large salad bowl
- 5 cups mixed leafy greens like arugula spinach, and lettuce
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup vegan salami
- ½ cup black olives
- ¼ cup pepperoncini
- ¼ cup Italian Vinaigrette Dressing you can use more
- Combine the green leaves, cherry tomatoes, red onion, croutons, and Parmesan cheese in a spacious salad bowl. Proceed to pour the vinaigrette over the salad, mix it thoroughly, and serve promptly. Savor every bite and enjoy the delicious and nutritious salad.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.