This roasted red pepper and tomato soup is delicious, vegan, and easy to make. This soup is easy to prepare and is perfect for a cozy dinner or a quick meal on a cold day.
Red pepper tomato soup
- Tomato: you can use canned tomato or natural tomato, with both this vegan soup will be perfect.
- Red bell pepper, I confess that I always use roasted peppers from a jar, but home-roasted bell peppers work as well.
- Carrots, celery, these vegetables give the soup a lot of good flavors, but if you don’t want to use them, you can skip them.
- Onion and garlic roughly chopped
- Vegetable broth (affiliate link) or water
How to make Roasted red pepper and tomato soup?
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant.
Add the carrot, celery, red peppers, and tomatoes to the pot. Add the vegetable stock and season with salt to taste.
Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all the vegetables are fully cooked.
Remove the soup from the heat and let it cool slightly. Then, use a blender or immersion blender (affiliate link) to blend the soup until smooth, creamy, and perfect.
Soup serving ideas
- Serve with homemade croutons.
- Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, hot oil, or macha sauce.
- You can also finish it with fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, or some fresh basil.
- I love it with fresh dill and homemade cashew cream.
Benefits of tomato and REd bell peppers
Tomato and red bell peppers are ingredients rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and they combine perfectly in this soup to create a unique taste experience.
Both are high in vitamin C and rich in antioxidants. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, and both are good sources of fiber.
Other vegan soups
- Tomato and chipotle soup
- Classic tomato cream
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Noodle soup
- Milpa soup
- Tortilla soup
- Chonchitas soup
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
ROASTED RED PEPPER and tomato SOUP
- 1 soup pot
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion about half an onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ cup celery
- ½ cup carrot
- 800 grs. Tomato in large pieces
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper roasted at home or canned or jarred
- 3 cups liquid water or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, put the olive oil, the onion, and the garlic until the onion is transparent.
- Add the celery and carrot, tomato, and bell pepper. Cover with the liquid of your choice. Add the salt, leave over low heat, and covered for about 20 min. more or less, that it does not boil, or that the boil is very, very light.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, blend them with a food processor or carefully in a blender.
- It serves.
Please DO NOT use knorr swiss broth, white rose, or any of those, they have a lot of chemicals.
For the tomato and pepper soup, let the cream cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Then, store in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
This recipe first appeared in Piloncillo&Vainilla in April 2014.
vegetable peeler /pelador de verdurasBuy Now →
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023