Italian dressing is one of the most popular dressings worldwide and is known for its fresh and delicious taste. It is a mixture of herbs, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic.
About this recipe
Olive oil is the base of this dressing and is used to provide a smooth and velvety texture. Red wine vinegar is used to add a touch of acidity.
Garlic, which is finely chopped and added to the mixture, adds a spicy flavor and an unmistakable aroma.
The herb mixture used in Italian dressing generally includes oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, and parsley. Each of these herbs has its own distinctive flavor and aroma, and when combined, they create a blend of complex and delicious flavors. I use a homemade Italian herb blend.
This versatile dressing can be used to season salads, pasta dishes, vegetables, and bread. It can also be used for marinating.
Why make dressing at home?
Although Italian dressing can be purchased in stores, making it at home is very easy and allows you to customize the recipe according to your own tastes and preferences. In summary, Italian dressing is a delicious and healthy option to spice up your meals and add flavor to your favorite dishes.
ingredients for making homemade Italian dressing
- Olive oil, use cold press pure olive oil.
- Red wine vinegar
- Mayonnaise, this ingredient is totally optional, but in the end, it gives more body to the dressing and makes it very tasty. If you don’t use it, add olive or vegetable oil tablespoon.
- Italian spice blend
- Garlic clove, grated or pressed.
How to make homemade Italian dressing?
As easy as putting the ingredients in a jar and mixing. Really, it’s that easy. Store it in the refrigerator, and it lasts up to three months.
This recipe can also be made double or triple; make as many as you wish.
How to use it?
This dressing can be used on any salad. I love it with leaf lettuce, spinach, or kale. But it also tastes divine with potatoes or pasta.
This Italian dressing is perfect if you want to make an Italian restaurant-style salad with olives, onion, and parmesan cheese.
Other homemade dressing recipes you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Homemade Italian dressing
- 1 jar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove grated or pressed
- As easy as putting the ingredients in a jar and mixing. It’s that easy. Store it in the refrigerator, and it lasts up to three months.
- This recipe can also be made double or triple; make as many as you wish.
- Refrigerate: Most homemade dressings should be refrigerated to keep them fresh—store dressings in airtight containers or jars with tight-fitting lids. Make sure the container is clean and dry before adding the dressing.
- Shake well before using: Dressings that contain oil and vinegar or other ingredients that can separate should be shaken well before using. This will help to emulsify the ingredients and create a smooth consistency.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Celery Juice: Discover its Properties and Benefits - May 29, 2023
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023