This vegan cream cheese with herbs and garlic is a delicious, dairy-free alternative to traditional cream cheese. It is perfect for spreading on bagels or crackers or using in recipes that call for cream cheese.
This cream cheese is made with cashews (affiliate link) and fine herbs, so it is high in protein and low in fat. It is also a good source of calcium and has no cholesterol.
About this recipe
There are many recipes to make vegan cashew cream cheese. For example, you can make it with nut milk pulp from almond milk. There is one cream cheese recipe with tofu that is amazing; there is vegan cream cheese with macadamias, with no cashews (affiliate link), etc.
But my favorite vegan cream cheese, which I hope becomes your favorite recipe too, is this one: cashew cream cheese recipe with herbs.
Ingredients to make vegan cream cheese
- Cashews. Soaked for three hours or overnight, read below for a super seedy cashew soaking method.
- Olive oil. always use good olive oil.
- Lemon juice or lime juice
- Garlic, always fresh; please do not use pre-minced garlic, NEVER.
- Apple cider vinegar (affiliate link), sub with rice or white vinegar. It is necessary for that extra tanginess in every bite.
- Fine herbs, a combination of your favorite fresh herbs. It can be scallions, chives, parsley, basil,
How to soak cashews fast? As an alternative of soaking your cashews for 3 hours: •you can boil them for ten minutes and then let them sit for five minutes or until completely cooled down. •microwave for 2 minutes and then let them sit for five minutes or until completely cooled down. •pour hot water over them and let them sit for 15 minutes or until completely cooled down.
how to make vegan cream cheese
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them in a blender or food processor (affiliate link) container with vinegar, lemon juice, raw garlic, and olive oil.
- Blend until it has a cream cheese consistency. Add the freshly chopped fine herbs. Mix and check for seasoning; adjust if necessary.
- Scrape the blender or food processor (affiliate link) container with a rubber spatula and place the vegan cream cheese in a serving bowl or container if you are using it later.
How to store the dairy-free cream cheese
Store in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. It will last up to five days. You could also freeze it for up to two months in a freezer-safe container. The texture may vary, but it would be equally delicious.
- Serve with freshly baked no-knead bread
- Homemade crackers
- Juice pulp crackers or chia seed crackers
- As a spread for the mushroom and onion sandwich
- To finish the creamy mushroom soup
- With bagels or homemade biscuits
- A crudité platter or just some chopped veggies on the side
Can I buy vegan cream cheese at the store?
The brands that I love and think have the best flavor are Miyoko´s, made from cashew milk; I also love kite hill, made from almond milk, and Violife.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Vegan cream cheese with fine herbs
- Food processor
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight or at least three hours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2- 3 tablespoons water * if you need your blender to run better
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them in a blender or food processor container with vinegar, lemon juice, raw garlic, and olive oil.Blend until it has a cream cheese consistency. Add the freshly chopped fine herbs. Mix and check for seasoning; adjust if necessary.
- Scrape the blender or food processor container with a rubber spatula and place the vegan cream cheese in a serving bowl or container if you are using it later.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Thank you Decoy for sponsoring this post in March 2018 . Elevate your occasion with Decoy wines. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- the best, best prosecco mimosa - April 1, 2023
- Roastedtomatillo chipotle salsa - March 31, 2023
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023