Looking for a delicious summer salad recipe? Try this peach and avocado salad! It’s simple to prepare and perfect for the whole family, especially if you’re looking for a vegan option.
About this salad
The combination of peach and avocado probably does not sound appealing, but stay with me; let me tell you more about this salad.
It is very easy to make; it is perfect for summer and days with warm weather. I made this salad with peach, but you could also make it with nectarines or apricots.
Why does this salad work?
Because of the flavor and texture of the main ingredients, avocado and peaches, the avocado has a smooth and creamy texture. When perfectly ripe, the flesh is buttery and soft, with a slight resistance when bitten. It is often described as “creamy” or “silky” and melts in your mouth.
The flavor of avocado is mild and subtly nutty. It has a delicate, creamy taste with hints of butter and a slightly grassy undertone. Some people also detect a hint of sweetness. Avocado’s flavor is versatile and easily complements other ingredients, making it a popular addition to various dishes.
Peaches have a soft and juicy texture. The flesh is firm yet yielding, and it has a pleasant, slightly velvety feel on the tongue. The texture can vary depending on the ripeness, with ripe peaches being extraordinarily juicy and tender.
Peaches have a delightful, sweet flavor that is often described as “nectar-like” or “juicy.” They have a rich, tropical taste with notes of honey and floral undertones.
The flavor can range from mildly sweet to intensely sweet and tangy, depending on the variety and ripeness of the fruit. The skin of a peach can add a slightly tart and fuzzy texture to the overall experience.
Both avocado and peach offer unique and enjoyable textures and flavors, making them versatile ingredients in a wide range of dishes, from savory to sweet.
How to make peach and avocado summer salad?
Look, you only have to make the vinaigrette, cut the peaches and avocados, and you’re done.
For the greens, you can use whatever you want or have on hand. I love using spinach or a mix of greens. But this salad will be perfect with kale or any other green you like.
How to make the dressing
This is one of my favorite dressings ever, and it only has four ingredients. Yes, four, and you add them to a jar, close tightly, shake the jar vigorously and done. Here is the list of ingredients:
- OLIVE OIL
- CHOPPED SHALLOTS
- RED WINE VINEGAR
- MAPLE SYRUP
How to finish salads
I like to finish off all of my salads with something delicious and crunchy on top. Sometimes I add nuts, other times seeds, or maybe even croutons, which I love. I finished the summer salad with hemp seeds. Have you tried them?
Tips, tricks & other recipes
- Make this salad the day you are going to eat it.
- If you need to prepare it in advance, make the dressing and store it in the fridge.
- Cut the peach and avocado just before serving.
- This salad goes perfectly well with any bbq or a simple pasta like caccio e pepe pasta.
- This salad tastes good with any other simple vinaigrette.
- And this vinaigrette tastes good with any different mix of lettuces.
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Peach and avocado summer salad
- 4 large handfuls of mixed greens
- 1 large peach sliced and pitted
- 1 ripe avocado sliced
- 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- A pinch of sea salt
- To make the vinaigrette, mix all the ingredients in a jar and mix very well. Test and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Put the greens in a salad bowl, add the peach slices, the avocado slices, add a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette and finish with the hemp seeds.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.