This vegan tofu ricotta cheese is versatile and can be used in many recipes. It can be used to make fried lasagna rolls, add the finishing touch to a soup, or even make a sandwich. This tofu ricotta is creamy, flavorful, and incredibly easy to prepare.
About this recipe
A creamy, flavorful, and versatile alternative to traditional ricotta cheese. Made with simple ingredients like tofu, lemon juice, and spices, this vegan ricotta is perfect for lasagna, pasta dishes, pizzas, and more. It’s also a great way to add protein and creaminess to your favorite vegan recipes.
Ingredients to prepare tofu ricotta
- Tofu. Use extra firm tofu and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Lemon. You can use the lemon zest as well.
- Garlic. It is better to use pressed garlic, so it mixes better with the rest of the ingredients.
- Nutritional Yeast. This is the nutritional yeast I use, I buy mine on Amazon, but it’s fine whatever brand you like.
- Red crushed pepper. Just because a little chili makes everything taste better, don’t you think?
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to drain and press tofu?
- Remove the tofu from the packaging. If the tofu is packed in water, drain it and rinse it with cold water.
- Wrap the tofu in a few layers of paper towels. You can also use a clean kitchen towel.
- Place the tofu on a plate or cutting board.
- Place a heavy object on top of the tofu. This could be a heavy book, a cast iron skillet, or even a few cans of food.
- Let the tofu press for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 hour. The longer you press the tofu, the drier it will be.
- Remove the weight and discard the paper towels. The tofu is now ready to use in your recipe.
Differet ways to make tofu ricotta cheese?
- Food processor. The simplest method for preparing this tofu ricotta recipe is by using a food processor. Firstly, you need to drain and press the tofu, then add all the ingredients to the container and press it. This technique allows you to have complete control over the texture of the ricotta.
- Blender. Drain the tofu, add all ingredients to a blender, and blend on low-medium speed. This method may result in uneven mixing and texture.
- By hand. Drain and press tofu. Mix all ingredients by hand until smooth.
How to use vegan tofu ricotta.
- This vegan cheese is perfect for making lasagna. You can make the traditional lasagna or the deep-fried lasagna rolls I have here on the blog.
- You can top off these zucchini noodles with a tablespoon of vegan ricotta, creating a delicious and nutritious meal.
- You can finish a vegetable soup or lentil soup with a scoop of it.
- It is also delicious with this roasted vegetable sandwich.
Other recipes that you may like:
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Tofu ricotta recipe
- Food processor
- 1 -14 oz block of extra firm tofu (400 grs)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6-10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 clove garlic , pressed
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl of the food processor and pulse until everything is well mixed and you have the ricotta consistency.Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.