Kickstart your day with a glass of celery juice! Discover how this ‘miracle juice’ can boost your health and give a new spin to your morning routine. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits and how to prepare it at home!
You may be curious about why celery is so great. The truth is, this unassuming vegetable has some incredible properties. To fully reap its benefits, consuming pure celery juice is best.
The Medical Medium and many other holistic health experts have highly recommended this juice.
Properties of celery
For starters, celery is packed with nutrients. It contains vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and even some flavonoids (compounds that are very good for our health).
Benefits of celery juice
Drinking celery juice on an empty stomach can significantly help our digestive system, improving digestion and relieving constipation. In addition, its high water content can help you keep your body hydrated, especially during hot days.
In addition, it is also attributed to properties that help improve the skin and reduce hypertension.
Why do they call it “The Miracle Juice”?
Celery juice is also called miracle juice because of the many benefits it has for us. Its anti-inflammatory, diuretic, digestive, and depurative properties are some of the reasons why it has been given this nickname.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is it best to drink celery juice? Drinking celery juice on an empty stomach can help maximize the benefits to your body.
How to make celery juice in a blender? You just need to blend the celery stalks with a bit of water. If you prefer, you can strain it before drinking.
Are there any side effects from drinking celery juice? As with everything, moderation is the key. Drinking a lot of celery juice can have laxative effects. As always, we recommend that you consult your doctor before making drastic changes in your diet.
Difference between eating celery and drinking celery juice
Eat celery: When you eat celery, you get all the benefits of its dietary fiber. This fiber is very beneficial for the health of our digestive system, helps regulate intestinal transit, and gives us a feeling of satiety.
In addition, chewing celery stimulates the production of saliva and the digestion process from the beginning.
Drinking celery juice: When you drink celery juice, mainly if you have run it through an extractor, you remove much of the fiber. However, you are also concentrating the nutrients and making them more accessible and faster to absorb by the body.
By drinking celery juice on an empty stomach, you can maximize the absorption of these nutrients.
How to wash celery correctly
Cut and separate the stems. First, you must cut the base of the celery, then cut it into large pieces and separate the stalks. This is because dirt and germs can hide in hard-to-reach areas.
Rinse under running water. Place the stalks under cold running water and rinse well. Use your fingers to rub the celery and make sure all areas of the stalk are clean.
Soaking (optional). If you want to be extra safe, you can soak the stems in a bowl of water for a few minutes; I use Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds to wash my fruits and vegetables.
Some people also add vinegar to the water (one part white vinegar to three parts water), as this can help remove even more pesticides.
Dry. Once you have finished washing the celery, be sure to dry it thoroughly. You can use a salad spinner if you have one or simply a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
Storage. If you are not going to use the celery right away, store it in the refrigerator in a plastic bag or airtight container.
how to drink celery juice
- Start Small: If you’re new to celery juice, start with a smaller serving and gradually increase it. You can start with half a glass (about 4 ounces or 120 ml) and slowly work your way up to a full glass (about 8 ounces or 240 ml). Dr. Anthony William, from the Medical Medium, suggests to go upto 16 oz daily.
- Mix It Up: If pure celery juice tastes too strong for you at first, consider adding a green apple or a cucumber. This can make the juice more palatable. As you get used to the flavor, you can gradually decrease the added fruit or cucumber amount until you’re drinking pure celery juice.
- Best Time to Drink: The optimal time to drink celery juice is in the morning on an empty stomach. This allows the nutrients to be absorbed more efficiently. Wait at least 15-30 minutes before consuming anything else.
- Fresh is Best: To get the most out of your celery juice, it’s best to drink it immediately after juicing. If you need to store it, use a sealed jar and keep it in the refrigerator but try to drink it within 24 hours.
- Listen to Your Body: Everyone’s body responds differently to dietary changes. If you experience digestive discomfort or other symptoms, it might be a sign to slow down. You can reduce your serving size or frequency and gradually increase it as your body adjusts.
The best tips for making and drinking celery juice
Quality over quantity. It is always best to use organic celery to make your juice if you can get it. Make sure it is fresh and free of pesticides.
It is best to use a cold press extractor. Although you can use a blender, juice extractors are best.
Fasting. The best time to drink celery juice is on an empty stomach, just after waking up. Thus, your body will be able to absorb all the nutrients and benefits in an optimal way.
Simple is better. Celery juice is most effective when consumed alone, without adding other ingredients. This way, you can take advantage of all the benefits of the celery juice cleanse.
Consistency. Celery juice is not an overnight miracle cure. You should try taking it daily for at least a week to start seeing the benefits.
Complement your diet. Although celery juice has many benefits, you should not consider it as a substitute for a balanced diet rich in a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Drink immediately. Celery juice oxidizes over time, so it is best to drink it immediately after juicing to take full advantage of its benefits.
Other juice recipes
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
- 1 Juicer
- 1 bunch of fresh celery
- Wash the celery: Use the tips I gave you earlier to wash the celery. Remember, it’s important that the celery is thoroughly clean.
- Prepare your equipment: If you have a juicer, great. If not, don’t worry. A blender also works. Just remember that if you use a blender, you may need to strain the juice afterward to remove the fiber.
- Cut the celery: Cut the celery stalks into pieces that fit your juicer or blender.
- Make the juice: If you use a juicer, simply put the celery pieces in and collect the juice. If you use a blender, you may need to add a little water to help liquefy the celery. Then, strain the juice to remove the fiber if you prefer.
- Enjoy! Drink your celery juice immediately to make the most of its benefits. Remember, celery juice is most effective when consumed on an empty stomach.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.