This broccoli and greens (leafy greens)with navy beans soup will change your typical broccoli soup recipe 100%. This soup is packed with plant-based protein and all the good stuff in leafy greens and broccoli —it-is-simply the best.
About this recipe
This broccoli, greens, and navy bean soup is the absolute best. It is the type of soup you can eat for lunch or dinner; it is super fast to make and has everything you need to be super happy, full of energy, and healthy.
This broccoli and greens soup is one of the best soups ever. It is easy to prepare, hearty, and full of greens, which translates into full benefits. It is the kind of soup that is so healthy and powerful that it will become a staple in your home. It has broccoli, a bunch of greens, cilantro, and navy beans. It is perfect for a light lunch or as a starter for dinner.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BROCCOLI SOUP
- Olive oil buy olive oil that comes in glass bottles or dark packaging. Check the labels and check that it only contains olive oil and is not a mixture of vegetable oils.
- Onion, you can substitute with shallots. Use the onion at home, yellow, white, red, etc.
- Garlic. Garlic is full of superpowers, and I love putting it on everything. Did you know that garlic has components that act as a natural antibiotic?
- Salt. Use kosher salt or sea salt.
- Broccoli. Use fresh broccoli; let the green be impressive and bright. Don’t buy broccoli that is yellow or old.
- Water or vegetable broth .
- Greens: spinach, kale, baby spinach, or a mixture of chard, spinach, kale, etc. This soup is perfect when the green leaves in the fridge are already a little wilted.
- Cilantro leaves and stems.
- Navy beans. Navy beans, canned or home-cooked.
- Dill, fresh or dried.
- Lemon juice for serving because everything tastes better with a bit of lemon juice at the end.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BROCCOLI SOUP?
As easy as sautéing the onion and garlic, add the broccoli and your choice’s liquid. Then, the green leaves, the beans, the cilantro, and the dill.
Season and blend with an immersion blender or a blender, and voila.
Serve with a few drops of olive oil and lemon juice. And if you want, you can decorate it with broccoli florets, green leaves, and chopped cilantro.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS BROCCOLI, GREENs, AND BEAN SOUP?
- Because it’s delicious.
- It is also done super fast.
- It lasts in the fridge for about a week.
- So you can make a huge pot on Monday or Sunday, and you already have a dish ready for the week.
- It is perfect for a detox.
- Or, for kids who don’t like vegetables, beans, cilantro, and lemon, make it taste delicious.
Other recipes that you may like:
Frequently asked questions
Made and loved this recipe? Give it a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below. Let me know if you have questions about this recipe in the comment section or DM me on Instagram. Follow on Facebook and Pinterest to stay in touch, and don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter.
Broccoli and greens soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 bunch spinach or 3 large handfuls of greens kale, spinach, etc.
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves and stems
- 1½ cups white beans cooked
- Freshly ground black pepper
- * 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill *optional
- Lemon juice for serving
- In a large pot with a lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and half a teaspoon of salt. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the broccoli and leave for about five minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Add water and spinach. Cover and let it simmer.
- When broccoli is completely soft, add the cilantro, dill (if you’re using) and beans.
- Blend carefully with a food processor or blender. Check for seasoning, add salt and black pepper.
- To brighten the flavor, add a drizzle of lemon juice before serving.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.