This vegan creamy salsa verde with tomatillos and fresh cilantro is a typical and authentic salsa from Mexico. The ingredients of this sauce are raw, and you prepare it in less than 15 minutes. Use this salsa with tacos, fried quesadillas, with corn tortilla chips (affiliate link), etc.
Ingredients for creamy tomatillo salsa verde
- Onion. White or yellow onion works best here.
- Cilantro. Use fresh cilantro with bright green leaves; choose a bunch that smells amazing. You can use the stems for this recipe, too; there are tons of flavor and magic in the stems.
- Avocado. Use ripe but firm avocados. The avocado is the fat in the salsa verde; it is what makes it creamy.
- Chile serrano. If you cannot find serrano peppers, you can use fresh chile de Arbol or jalapeño peppers without any problem.
- Tomatillos. Choose fresh tomatillos that still have their husk on. They must be firm, and if you peel them a little bit and the skin is sticky, it is better. When you get home, peel them and wash them thoroughly.
How to make creamy salsa verde?
Making a creamy, authentic Mexican salsa verde is the easiest thing in the world. All you have to do is put all the ingredients in the blender, blend it and taste, adjust if necessary.
- Raw onion. Start adding it slowly; sometimes, the onion is powerful and can overshadow the rest of the ingredients.
- Spiciness. This creamy green sauce recipe uses serrano chilis. If you want it to be less spicy, you can use jalapeño peppers or remove the veins and seeds from the serrano peppers.
- Blending. If your blender is not very powerful, chop the ingredients into large pieces and add a tablespoon or two of water. This will make your blender run smoothly or use a food processor (affiliate link).
- How to make it extra creamy? When you want your sauces or vegetable soups or smoothies to be very creamy, the trick is to start blending at a low speed and gradually increase the speed until you reach the consistency that you like.
- How to store it? This green salsa verde is best when you use it immediately, and it cannot be frozen. But, if you have extra salsa, store it in a tightly closed container and save it in the refrigerator; this sauce lasts about three days.
- Other ingredients, some people add a piece of garlic, you could also season the avocado salsa verde with lime juice.
How to use creamy avocado salsa verde?
Use it as a dip, serve it with quesadillas, sopes, or tacos. Here are some fantastic Mexican vegan dishes where you could use this creamy salsa verde recipe:
More salsa recipes you’ll love:
Here is the recipe for this creamy salsa verde with avocado, and I hope you like it as much as we do. Please take a picture of it and share it on FaceBook or Instagram. If you are going to do it, then save it on Pinterest. It would be fantastic if you gave five stars ✨to this recipe, and if you left me a comment or question, I would gladly answer you.
Creamy avocado salsa verde
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 white or yellow onion
- 1 serrano pepper
- 5 tomatillos
- pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend little by little until it has a creamy consistency.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
Chop the ingredients into large pieces so that they blend better.
It is better to eat the green sauce immediately, if it is left over, keep it in a tightly closed container and in the refrigerator for three days.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
What you need
This recipe appeared first on Ale Cooks in May 2021.
- Celery Juice: Discover its Properties and Benefits - May 29, 2023
- Healthy Potato Salad with Pesto Recipe | Easy and Flavorful - May 28, 2023
- QUINOA STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS, CHILES RELLENOS - May 26, 2023