Yes, you read the title right; with this easy vegan Thai curry, you can have a healthy, fast, and delicious dinner in under 30 minutes. It is as easy as putting all your vegetables in a skillet, the curry paste (affiliate link), and other ingredients. It is magical!
About this recipe (thai red curry)
I learned to prepare this vegan Thai Curry years ago; it is one of the recipes I know by heart. This one vegetarian curry recipe that I can trust will always turn out delicious and healthy and everything you can think of.
What is thai curry paste?
Thai curry is a paste normally made with red chiles, aromatics, and spices. It is delicious and very easy to make. If you prepare your curry paste (affiliate link) at home, start by adding less curry paste than what the recipe calls for. Add gradually until getting the taste you want.
I use Thai, red, or green curry paste to make this dish very fast from Simple Asia. Both flavors from this brand are pretty good. And, If you read the label, you will find it very clean. They make their curry paste with really clean ingredients.
Why I love this vegan Thai curry recipe?
One of the best things about this curry recipe is that you can use any vegetable you have on hand and the rest of the ingredients are pantry staples. And if the store-bought curry paste and canned coconut milk or coconut cream are not a staple in your pantry… YOU HAVE TO MAKE THEM ASAP!
what veggies can I use?
I used carrots, potatoes, and green beans for this recipe, but feel free to use any vegetable you want. I have used cauliflower, peas, broccoli, etc., which always taste delicious.
Use red bell peppers, Brussels sprouts, snap peas, a handful of kale, and sweet potatoes. Make this recipe your own and add your favorite vegetables.
how to make vegan thai curry under 30 minutes
Start by sauteeing the onion, then adding the coconut milk and stirring the curry paste and the rest of the ingredients on a skillet over medium heat. Let it simmer and taste along the way and adjust as needed. Take this recipe as a guide and make it your own.
Finish it with fresh Thai basil, cilantro, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, and some slices of chile; you can use jalapeños, serrano, or Thai chilis. If you want to add tofu or other protein, it will still be amazing. I love to add crispy tofu in there.
tips, tricks & other recipes
- When buying canned coconut milk, look for the best you can find with the least ingredients. I like using full fat, but if you want a lighter version use the reduced fat can.
- Using coconut cream or full-fat coconut cream might be a little thick; use vegetable broth (affiliate link) to thin it out.
- Also, I love to serve this vegan Thai red curry recipe with brown rice, jasmine rice, rice noodles, or quinoa. I love it when the grain absorbs the liquid and makes it flavorful. So if you feel your Thai curry is a bit liquidy, serve it over rice.
Other recipes that you may like:
So here is the recipe for this easy vegan Thai curry, and I hope you like it as much as I do. If you do, please share the recipe and the blog on Instagram, FB or save it for later on Pinterest.
Easy vegan Thai curry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion white or red onion
- 2 cups diced potato
- 3 carrots diced or cut into diagonal
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Thai curry paste
- a good pinch of sea salt
- Thai chili peppers jalapeños or serranos
- lemon juice
- Sauté the onion over medium heat with the coconut oil until softened.
- When the onion is soft, add the coconut milk and curry paste. Let the curry paste dissolve. Test and add need more curry if needed. I always start with a spoonful, and I gradually add more.
- Put the vegetables and half a cup of water. Add a good pinch of salt, cover and leave until the potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Serve on top of jasmine brown rice or noodles and finish with cilantro, chili slices, and lemon juice on top.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Coconut Mango Chia Seed Pudding Recipe (Easy, Delicious, And Vegan) - March 31, 2023
- Prosecco - March 29, 2023
- Aperol Spritz, be summer ready - March 29, 2023