This chickpea noodle vegan soup made with vegetable broth , pasta, chopped vegetables, and chickpeas is the kind of soup you want to eat when you have a cold or the flu.
Chickpea noodle vegan soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped about one cup
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ white onion or yellow onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups thin pasta noodles or capellini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can chickpea drained or 1 1/2 cup home cooked chickpeas
- Heat in a large pot the olive oil, add the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, bay leaf, and thyme. Leave until onion is translucent and it is starting to brown around the edges.
- Add the vegetable broth and lift with a spoon the browned bits that are left at the bottom of the pot. Add water and pasta, low heat and let for 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Add the chickpeas, salt, and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.