This recipe for avocado and cucumber cold soup is one of the first recipes EVER that I ever posted on this blog, and it still is one of my favorites.
I found it yesterday while I was looking for recipes to prepare this Saturday since we have friends over. I decided to retake the pictures so that there could be a step-by-step for this recipe. And ever since I prepared it, I haven’t stopped eating it. But this cold avocado cucumber soup is so full of vitamins and all other good stuff for our bodies that I don’t mind eating it all day long.??
Avocados are full of protein and healthy fats. It contains the type of fat that helps us lower our bad cholesterol levels (many studies prove this). The avocados are also full of potassium, B6, and other amazing things for us. They are perfect for the summer which is when our bodies need a lot of energy. Cucumber has a lot of vitamins and minerals that help our skin, our heart, and our digestive system. Cucumbers are also perfect for the summer season! The only thing I would recommend to you when buying cucumbers would be: try to buy organic cucumbers. If you do not find them, purchase conventional ones but always peel them before eating.
This recipe is super easy, and it’s mainly just made of avocados and cucumbers. And yes, it’s just as easy as putting all the ingredients in the blender. I like to serve it with chopped cilantro, grilled corn, and diced cucumber. But if you are feeling kind of lazy to chop up some cucumbers and cook the corn… soup with some crushed tortilla chips. ?
More yumminess: Mango guacamole
Now, let me share this recipe for
avocado and cucumber cold soup
Avocado and cucumber cold soup
- 2 large avocados peeled and pitted
- 4 medium-sized cucumbers peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 serrano chile
- 1/2 cup of cilantro approximately (one handful)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Blend at low speed for a minute, then in a medium speed for two minutes and finally in high speed 2 or 3 minutes more. If you slowly increase the speed of the blender the soup will be creamier.
- Try the cold soup and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
Nutritional information of this recipe is only an estimate, the accuracy for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.